Oregon Newbie

Reaction score
Hi all,
I stumbled across your forum today. I think this is just what I need.

My DH and I just bought a bigger house in late October. We are in the Willamette Valley in Oregon. One of the things that charmed me about the house was the pond. The previous owners were elderly and had let the yard go. In fact, there were so many pine needles in the yard that the listing agent didn't know there was a pond! I've mucked out the pond once, but it was just to get an idea of how deep the pond is. I still need to get the rest of the brown water out and get rid of the blue paint on the cement pond lining.

Our pond is about 6x6x1.5'. It's by a small hill in our backyard, under pine, fir and one huge cedar tree. We are taking out the pines as soon as I can save enough money to pay the professionals to do it. The trees are about 4 times the height of our two story house, so we won't do it ourselves. Luckily, only 4 of the dozen or so trees are pines. We are keeping the rest for a nice wooded feel.

I don't have any questions yet, but I will when the weather gets a little warmer. I love to garden, so I'm anxious to whip this neglected yard into shape. I'd also like to put goldfish in the pond, if we can keep our labrador-whippet mix (a "Whipador" as my DH calls him, LOL) out of the pond. I'm getting him a kiddie pool of his own so maybe he will stay out of ours. He lives to please us, so I think it will work.

Cindy

Ask a Question