Oregon pond

Reaction score
I began my pond (dogs really own it) about twenty five years ago with two small "learner" ponds in the same spot. Over the years I collected the perimeter rocks from the Prineville area and was given the quartz and opther large rocks from an 84 year old neighbor. My hip was replaced (five times) so when they put the last one in I decided it was time to complete this. (hard as hell shovelling with only your left foot).

It isn't really a pond but rather more of an aquarium as I have two large "sump arrays" built from electrical conduit (much better than PVC) and has one large pump running the suction system and another running the waterfall and umbrella. It is about 36" deep on one end, shallow in the middle (18")? and the bog goes down almost three feet.

The pond stays crystal clear. Most days, if it's calm outside, you can read the date off a tossed-in coin. NO chemicals. I have frogs, thirty carp and a snake or two that love to irritate Dixie and Molly, my two Aussie-doodles. It runs year round and, As a project, this was maybe the most satisfying thing I've done in my life,

I need a place to talk about things and this seems to be a very nice one. I may be able to help some as I have over forty-five years of technical work behind me including a 25 year stint with HP as a hi-vacuum/cryogenic technician. I know my way around a tool box and have worked on many things including KC-135's and many ttypes of pumps, generators, turbines...everything. I have a degree in electronics and work today on antique radios and test equipment. I restore them inside and out as I work with wood a LOT.

Thanks for having me
Tony M.

Attachments

• fini 004.jpg
    fini 004.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 167
  • fini 003.jpg
    fini 003.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 209

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
smileywelcome687.gif
To our group. Beautiful pond you have there.

Mine stays crystal clear too, love my bog, only filter I use.

You did a great job with one foot. Nice looking rocks too

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and really nice pond and rocks and great job on getting it done this well even with one foot .Wow sounds like you will be helpful to have around to pick your brain .lol Sounds like you never give up on anything and glad you are here

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomebirdsvg.gif
Tony
Nice pond and lots of hard work for you and your foot. Hope your health stays better now and maybe we can all help each other w/ our ponderings!

Reaction score
Thanks for the nice welcome. I probably joined at a bad time but will try to keep up. I'm in the last stages of some dental work and today is the day they drill for the final studs (dentures). I read through several threads before joining and have a lot of questions/comments but it will have to wait a day or two.

Time for my lalaland pill and a trip to the dentist. I'll be back.
Tony

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Don't worry, be happy.....................and keep on smiling w/ those pearly whites
dentiste011.gif

Reaction score
I asked for a post-surgery Halcion but they wouldn't prescribe it.

I agreed to accept a "trainee" dentist doing the work. He's a dentist but had yet to perform a "stuf drilling". It hurts more this morning than it did when they pulled all of the teeth in December. I had pretty good teeth but then they put me on all the drugs to get me through five surgeries and they fell apart. I'm just now emerging from a hazy ten years, definitely not the healthy guy I was before.

I can't find it now but there was a thread on the the Cal Pump t4000 and the o-ring problem. How do I find an old thread? Keep in mind I'm computer illiterate. I have a lot of education in electronics but these damn things flat-out %&$% me off.

Tony

Ask a Question