Other projects

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread about other projects, what do my fellow ponders like to do besides work on thier pond, what are your hobbies?

Throw in as many pictures as you'd like to show off other things you have built, accomplished, whatever. I will do the same when I get home, dont have many pictures here.

Well i guess i do have these pictures, just because they are my desktop pictures here at work.

My motorcycle when i bought it this spring

IMAG0153.jpg

repainted, new back tire, new turn signals, plastics all put back on,

IMAG0162.jpg

This has been my biggest money drain so far this summer, I'm always buying something new or tinkering with it, anyway, like i said, when i get home i have more projects and things around the house to share.

Reaction score
Just work for me. Full time job keeps me busy from 8 to 5, then usually at 5 I have portrait sessions until 7 or 8. Then I come home at sit at my computer editing out zits or whitening teeth. Pond is the only other thing right now.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Well photography is your hobby/second job then! I bet you can share tons of good pictures you have taken with us. Do you just do portraits or do you like to take nature, landscape pictures also? My grandmother is a photgrapher, takes awesome nature pictures and sells them at the local farmers market as postcards and whatnot. She gets alot of her shots right from her gardens and ponds.

Reaction score
Woodworking, making furniture and cabinets, house remodeling, antique resteration, stained glass windows,
and clock making are some of our other hobbies; and we do a lot of it. :) It's all so fun.

this is our kitchen door...it has over 400 pieces of glass.

0092.jpg

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Cool guys! (and ladies) CliffandJoann, I really like woodworking too, nothing too big right now as I dont have time to start any big projects. Both of my grandfathers are very into it also, my grandpa does lots of little projects, bird houses, and feeders from recycled barnwood, which he sells at the farmers market with my grandma selling her cards. But he has also done some really neat big projects, the bridge over thier pond, a huge waterwheel, tons of things. My other grandfather is very much into the furniture, cabinets, glass display cabinets. Really cool stuff guys, keep em coming, its kind of cool to learn about what others around here do besides grow flowers and fish :) and feel free to post pictures of some of your work (or big catches for wayne)

Wow! that is a cool door! Well, im not a fan of cats, but am a fan of the artwork.

Reaction score
Any Pic's of your grandfathers projects? Woodworking is very gratifying. Our latest two projects were small.
We made a book cabinet out of a hole in the wall that was created by a removed wall air conditioner
(necessity is the mother of invention) and the other project
was a shelf for under a mirror.
Oh, I forgot about a quick project -- a new birdhouse. I'll get a pic of it

035revJPG.jpg

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
i believe i have pics of the waterwheel and the bridge, i should be able to find them because i think i posted them on here before.

IMAG0121.jpg

as for my other grandfathers furniture, my parents have a lot of his stuff at thier place he has given to them over the years, i can try to get some pictures this weekend when we are there to visit.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
that led me to find another one of my hobbies... drawing models for cutting stuff on our cnc laser here at work, i have tons of them i havent even cut. It used to be a friday night ritual when I worked on the shop floor on second shift. Whenever we had to work overtime on friday night, I was the programmer, so i didnt really have anything to do, i was kind of just there for damage control if anyone else had an issue that needed to be dealt with. So my supervisor would say hey, lets make this tonight, (a chicago cubs keychain, or a little tractor, whatever it was that particular night) and i'd sit down and find a picture on the internet and draw something up, and fire up the laser and cut one out for everyone.

here are soemof those pictures, I posted them here before, so i just found them in my attachments when i was searching for those bridge pictures.

here is a bass i drew and cut out one night, someones son was a big fisherman and he wanted to hang it in his room, so everyone took home a bass that night, i believe i found a picture of this on the internet by searching "metal art fish" or something like that, but then had to sit and draw mine to look like this.

here are other animals that i have drawn but still never gotten to cut out.

fish1.pdf 34.25K

fish2.pdf 58.92K

butterfly2.pdf 43.73K

butterfly1.pdf 42.28K

i have lots of other hanging in my basement at home, sports team logos, tractors, cars. We actaully made templates for the local school to go around and paint thier logo on businesses and driveways to raise money, so i got to draw up and cut out a 3x4 mustang head and the schools name which we donated to them.

Oh and my biggest artwork... a 12 foot banjo for a small park that a mental health clinic was building in an empty lot across the street from thier offices called "banjo park" they got permission to hang this 12 foot tall banjo on the side of the nieghbors gargae that butt up against the park.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
gosh wish I had time but guessing my only hobby

the last 8 years has been splendors gate

Attachments

• 2012 house 002.JPG
    2012 house 002.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 299
  • fence pond light2011 021.JPG
    fence pond light2011 021.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 322
  • murphy studio 001.jpg
    murphy studio 001.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 302

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well your eight years of work show! you have done great

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Gosh everyone has such neat hobbies. I don't have anything that I do but my gardening and ponding. My DH does sheet metal work and he's building me a sink out of stainless for my green house. The cheapo plastic ones they make now dissolve into dust out in the sunshine, literally!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
heck of a hobby :razz: Guessing I see the light at the end of the tunnel .When I told my neighbors i have been thinking of selling in the next 2 or 3 years they say I am crazy .But I have always been a New Jersey girl and have missed being up there and may consider that move back .But close to Little Egg Harbor or some where around there .I guess it is in my blood .Maybe the transfusion of VA blood was not enough to keep me here .I really thought this was my dream house ,but really not sure any more ,but something by then may change my mind .

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
Warning for big pictures. I enjoy photography when I have the time. Ponding takes up a lot of my time, but here is some of my work. All of these pictures have not been edited other than the black and white setting on my camera.

Picture1169.jpg

Picture1261.jpg

Picture1605.jpg

Picture1619.jpg

Picture370.jpg

Picture375.jpg

Picture376.jpg

Picture969.jpg

Picture1070.jpg

Picture534.jpg

Picture1829.jpg

Picture1842.jpg