Ouch, this really hurts!

Reaction score
Hi all,

Decided it was time for a pond, so I've started digging!! :cool:

I cant believe how demorilizing it is to shift dirt with a pick axe and spade for hours on end and only see an inch off the top hahaha. Grrrrr.

Will check back later. Just a quick hi and ouch my back hurts plenty remark :lol:

Chris.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Dont discourage we all have been there like u digging away but the outcome is more than worth it....Make sure u put your location in your profile.

Reaction score
LOL! Audime many of us here can relate for sure. It is amazingly laborious, especially in summer. With my recent pond build, I confess I rented some digging equipment and tossed a friend a few dollars to help. I can't believe how happy I was when someone else had their hand on the shovel. There is something satisfying about watching someone ELSE dig. But no one helped when I had to fill in the old pond. I'm still not done!!

Reaction score
With every hit from the pick axe, I can see the hole getting a little bigger after I shovel out the rocks and soil now. Sun is blazing down right onto me, so taking a break every 5 mins :)

I seem to be the only person that isnt working this week lol. Amazingly convenient thats for sure.

Chris.

Reaction score
11/2 days later.:):yikesu::yikesu:

Attachments

• IMG_0186_1.jpg
    IMG_0186_1.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 316
Reaction score
That's what I used--it's called a dingo here in the US. It's a small digger that could fit through my garden gate. Used it 8 hours straight and the whole was dug. It was worth the expense of renting it, I will tell you that.

Reaction score
koikeepr said:
That's what I used--it's called a dingo here in the US. It's a small digger that could fit through my garden gate. Used it 8 hours straight and the whole was dug. It was worth the expense of renting it, I will tell you that.

Cool. I got one ordered for tomorrow morning (micro digger). Hired for two days though. I think that was a mistake. Mind you, I like to have a break every 5 mins so maybe not :)

Reaction score
koikeepr said:
But no one helped when I had to fill in the old pond. I'm still not done!!

I didn't know that! Well I guess I owe you one, or even more. Whatever's left of me will help you when I get a little closer to complete.

Reaction score
I still have the filter pit left. The pond hole is filled and waiting for a japanese maple. Heck, I still have my Sequence pump sitting in the filter pit! That's a job that will likely sit until Fall.

I told my hubby, we should just throw a bunch of old toys the kids don't play with any more and put a few inches of dirt over 'em. LOL!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My pond digging all started because of honey getting me a tractor for our first anniversary pressie.

too many rocks to even think of doing by hand.

Welcome to the group

Reaction score
That's funny. I never want handbags or jewelry or fancy things as gifts. Every year, I ask hubby for a tool or some plug in thing. Two years ago it was a power washer, last year it was a new ceiling fan, and my parents always send a gift certificate to Home Depot (they know their daughter well). This year I'm hoping to score a grinder for my birthday.

LOL!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
koikeepr said:
That's funny. I never want handbags or jewelry or fancy things as gifts. Every year, I ask hubby for a tool or some plug in thing. Two years ago it was a power washer, last year it was a new ceiling fan, and my parents always send a gift certificate to Home Depot (they know their daughter well). This year I'm hoping to score a grinder for my birthday.

LOL!

We asked for home depot gift cards for our wedding and we got them! I have told him except for the wedding ring, no jewelry. You sound like me.........lol

Ask a Question