Our current project / disaster in progress (non pond)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That is what I looked at addy life proof for my kitchen ,laundry room and half bath .Big problem is they had most of it in wood look and i wanted tile look . I had to go to their sight for life proof because all home depot had was a kind called scratched concrete .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
She settles within 10 feet of me, where she can watch what I am doing. I am hauling around a pillow and small blanket for her to lay on. Set it up as I move from room to room, her safety zone.

Sure will be glad to be done with the flooring, working on the last bed room, then going back to do the cuts along the wall, closet etc, darn time consuming...............putting down around 810 sq feet of the stuff. Next will be the kitchen tile, wall, and the bath tile, wall.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Boy addy you should have see all the pretty tile they had at habitat here ,each box was a dollar a box some had 12 bigger tiles and the subway tile had 24 in each box

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Boy addy you should have see all the pretty tile they had at habitat here ,each box was a dollar a box some had 12 bigger tiles and the subway tile had 24 in each box
There is a habitat near the home depot we are living in, we keep saying we need to stop and look, will do that see if they have some tile. I need to get some for the kitchen, below the cabinets. Just need around 50sq feet or so.

Being right in the middle of a high density population any good stuff probably gets snatched up quick. But we will do a stop by.

Trying to think what color of tile will go with the cabinets, they have a lot of pattern, probably a neutral, no to light pattern tile.

Taking the day off, my hands and knees need a break.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Rest for the weary .I got like a grey speckled tile 12x18 size .It sort of looks grey and tan .In 1 pic it looks tan but it is a grey speckle
100_3198.JPG
100_3198.JPG
100_3200.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That tile looks nice.
We picked out the granite for the counter tops, now need the tile for the wall, need a creamy white, matt or a white white.
20180202_112330.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Seems like our habitat gets lots of white subway tile ,I guess more people are using white .If that is grey like pic shows you could go with a very light grey also .Just a hint of grey would set off the countertops .Especially since your floors are grey and grey is the new neutral

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The tile, when clean, has blues and grays in it.
The granite has whites and shades of gray.
I looked at the subway tile, but it is all gloss, I want a matt finish. Lowes had one , matt creamy white with bits of gray sort of.
We will be checking habitats and home depot tomorrow.
20180202_132523.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
LOVE the granite you picked out :)
We talked to the owner, showed her the cabinets, a picture, we did not want to have something that would fight with the cabinet patterns.
We were leaning towards a light color, the place is long and narrow, we are trying to keep it light and bright.

This rental we did in January last year, same cabinets, but larger place, lots of windows, we chose a darker granite. Here I tiled the entire wall.
IMG_0759(1).JPG

before
IMG_0709.JPG

Ask a Question