water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks @addy1 i really hope the summer heat wont turn the water into pea soup
You have good flow going, that helps a lot.

Mine are in all day full sun, the plants I have keep the water crystal clear. The water tends to get to be around 85 or so in the middle of summer, when it is miserable out there.
The lilies help in shading the pond water, they end up covering the shallow end of the pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
@addy1 yea i am looking for some lillies too add to the pond too. The only thing i have now is the floating water hyacinth and some iris. The Iris doesnt look lively as it should be; in fact my Kois damages its leaves a lots. I added some lotus too but they died for some reasons.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Beautiful pond! And beautiful Corgi! We have a rescue Chihuahua/Corgi mix, who disguised himself as a Chihuahua when we first got him, only to find out later he was mostly Corgi (was WAY underweight). My Hubby and I knew nothing of Corgi's but have since found out that they are the funniest little trouble makers ever. Ours has a sense of humor and tries to make us laugh which he is quite good at. He also really enjoys teasing his Chihuahua brother. He knows how to piss his brother off and does it for fun. Funniest darn dog I have ever met.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Beautiful pond! And beautiful Corgi! We have a rescue Chihuahua/Corgi mix, who disguised himself as a Chihuahua when we first got him, only to find out later he was mostly Corgi (was WAY underweight). My Hubby and I knew nothing of Corgi's but have since found out that they are the funniest little trouble makers ever. Ours has a sense of humor and tries to make us laugh which he is quite good at. He also really enjoys teasing his Chihuahua brother. He knows how to piss his brother off and does it for fun. Funniest darn dog I have ever met.
:) thats lovely. They know how to work their ways to our hearts. I bought the Corgi for my wife bday and the Pug ran into my brothers' restaurant. He tried to located his owner for a while and about to gave him away, i took him home and he got along well with the Corgi. They are both very sweet and do everything together including staring at the Kois for minutessss :) The pug once try to jump into the pond catching my Kois and almost drown.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Thanks. I added some more plants and it seems to be better now after a month. I also raised the pot so my Kois cant get to the roots or swim through the leaves any more.

Ask a Question