Our frog "Henry"

Reaction score
I posted this on another thread but thought I'd also share it here. My wife got a good photo of our frog Henry. We got him as a tadpole from the pond supplier we bought all our goods from. We lost track of him and thought he may have died. Then, all of a sudden about 3 weeks ago we saw him. He seems less shy as the days go on and even today I saw him while I was in the pond doing maintenance.

henry.jpg

Can anyone tell what kind of frog he is?

Thanks
Todd

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i have four frogs and the only thing i see of them is the ripples in the water as they head for cover. i an watch this as i walk thru the door onto the deck.

Reaction score
I can't get frogs to stay in my pond. I've brought home tadpoles (at all different stages) and within a couple of days they're nowhere to be seen. We've dropped in frogs and either they don't like it here or my dogs scare them off. I find this very disappointing.

Reaction score
The tadpoles will stay in the pond for a long time (usually hidden)till they fully mature. I put some in around may and didn't see them and thought they were gone for sure but the last few weeks I have seen the frogs come out more often, but only at night. I'm sure the dogs have something to do with it, but try looking at night.

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
Looks like you have a native bullfrog. Did you catch it somewhere or did the frog invite itself to your pond?

I have three bullfrogs from Salkum, WA. about 65 miles south from Tacoma, WA. that I caught by hand, and they have settled in quite well. To keep them interested in sticking around I water the plants around my pond with deluted Alaskan Fish Emulsion. Stinks to high heaven, but it attracts flies. The frogs go nuts when the flies are around the pond. Between the frogs and the fish, I'm not sure which are more entertaining.

My neighbors think I live a boring life. I have my own "staycation" in my own back yard.

Reaction score
We got another shot of him the other night. We've caught him sitting on the ledge of the pond but if you try to get close to get a photo he jumps into the water.

PondAug2009018.jpg

Todd

Ask a Question