Our Non-Human Animal Friends

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Harvey my garden helper. He was a Easter gift for clients kids. They soon grew bored with him. He has a forever home with me View attachment 103070
That's too funny...I have one almost like that one always by the edge of the woods and we all think it was someone's Easter gift who got let go..poor thing! 20170626_202949.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He is my compost maker. Rabbit manure can be used fresh without danger of burning the plant. We also have the 6 law here. Wish it applied to rabbits at Easter time.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@Nyboy @sissy @Gemma @j.w. I just thought of something looking at sissys pics above here, this will blow your minds.

What if; I built a chicken coop, or a turkey coop, with a pond going under a bridge, (kind of like a mote, but a pond) like in the pic on the bottom right, and the bridge leading to the other side of land, then when they go in and out during night & day, they cross a bridge over the pond?

Creative?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@DutchMuch sounds like fun to me. Are the chickens going to be free roaming during the day? You would want easy access for you to be able to get to the coop to clean too. Wouldn't want you falling in while carrying a load of coop poop.
Unless of course you have a video cam set up to record it all for us :smuggrin:

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@DutchMuch sounds like fun to me. Are the chickens going to be free roaming during the day? You would want easy access for you to be able to get to the coop to clean too. Wouldn't want you falling in while carrying a load of coop poop.
Unless of course you have a video cam set up to record it all for us :smuggrin:
hahaha, yea that would stink falling into it. Just an idea, will never be done by me sadly :( lol.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Very creative! ....but should be shallow cause I know for a fact that a chickens near a body of water, will sooner or later fall in :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
no I was just saying because im super lazy, and cant afford it. Would be cool though!
Lazy, or discouraged? Believe that some day your financial situation will be different, and you never know, it just might be that! :)

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Lazy, or discouraged? Believe that some day your financial situation will be different, and you never know, it just might be that! :)
I hope so, some guy contacted me the other day with a part time job offer, again, so im crossing my fingers!

Reaction score
You can freeze eggs. Winter when chickens stop laying you will be looking for eggs. Remove the shells and freeze in ziplock bags.

As long as they are not refrigerated, you can also take fresh eggs, lightly wash and dry them. Then soak a paper towel in olive oil and then coat the entire egg with oil. Once that is done, place carton in a cool dry place on a shelf and they will keep up to a year without refrigeration.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
As long as they are not refrigerated, you can also take fresh eggs, lightly wash and dry them. Then soak a paper towel in olive oil and then coat the entire egg with oil. Once that is done, place carton in a cool dry place on a shelf and they will keep up to a year without refrigeration.

Don't tell the PA Department of Agriculture about this! :cautious:

Ask a Question