Our Pond Throughout The Years - Cypress Point Pond

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
A variety of images of our pond spanning back to the early years. All photographs of the original construction and earliest pond are on film. To us our pond was at its very best in 2008. Sometime after 2007 the pond began leaking. We searched for over a year to find the leak(s) with no success. We were so desperate to find the leak the cute small stream and waterfall were removed. As the water level lowered by more than a foot the pond under went a total rebuild in early 2009. From 2009 to 2012 there were no notable changes. As with all ponds there have been good times and bad. Cathy and I are very blessed to have our pond and gardens still with us. It is worth repeating that we get so much serenity from sitting out there and knowing we give God's little creatures a haven for food and water.

Side note. We have many great flower images to share. Where is the appropriate place to post those?

Enjoy

Attachments

• Winter 2004 or earlier. Note the size of the Cypress  trees..jpg
    Winter 2004 or earlier. Note the size of the Cypress trees..jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 335
  • 2005 or before.jpg
    2005 or before.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 401
  • Spring 2006.jpg
    Spring 2006.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 401
  • Late Summer 2006.jpg
    Late Summer 2006.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 398
  • Waterfall & Stream 2007.jpg
    Waterfall & Stream 2007.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 367
  • Stream flowing into pond 2007.JPG
    Stream flowing into pond 2007.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 394
  • At its best 2008.jpg
    At its best 2008.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 372
  • Spring Pond 2009.jpg
    Spring Pond 2009.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 374
  • Pond After Cleanout 2012.jpg
    Pond After Cleanout 2012.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 390
  • Water Lily.jpg
    Water Lily.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 334
  • Fred the Toad.jpg
    Fred the Toad.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 349

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Lovely photo's of your pond Lou! Like the way you made that waterfall w/ those neat flat rocks. Also enjoy the driftwood you have incorporated in w/ the pond surroundings. Makes it look natural. You can put any land plant/flower photo's in general chat. Pretty white water lily you have there too. I see you have a cute little froggy friend peeking out of your pond. I have only 3 regulars that hang around here. Love the frogs :razz:

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Lovely photo's of your pond Lou! Like the way you made that waterfall w/ those neat flat rocks. Also enjoy the driftwood you have incorporated in w/ the pond surroundings. Makes it look natural. You can put any land plant/flower photo's in general chat. Pretty white water lily you have there too. I see you have a cute little froggy friend peeking out of your pond. I have only 3 regulars that hang around here. Love the frogs :razz:

It was such a let down when we had to totally dismantled our 2008 version in order to stop the critical leak. The most important advice I have for pond owners is "Never attempt to join two pieces of EPDM liner.". I believe the original joined liner was the cause of the major hidden leaks.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I bet it was a big letdown Lou and I've never had to try to do that splicing a liner together or patch one. Some here have w/ success and they use a special goop that is supposed to be really good.

Reaction score
The most important advice I have for pond owners is "Never attempt to join two pieces of EPDM liner.". I believe the original joined liner was the cause of the major hidden leaks.
Amen brother. Advice rarely taken however. There are way more posts about seams holding the fist week, month, year and I guess people think that means it'll hold forever or they'll have the same luck. And maybe they will hold. Pretty high risk through.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Gorgeous photos! It's interesting to see how your pond has evolved over time :)

About your flower photos, please feel free to share them in the same subsection as this topic (being Garden Pond Photography).

Ask a Question