Our raised pond & decking arrangement

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United Kingdom
So we completed our pond late last summer (2017) as part of the garden overhaul and it was fantastic this year - only issue was the algae!! It has changed a bit since these photos were taken, with the addition of a waterfall and removal of the fountain.

Attachments

• 01 POND CONSTRUCTION.JPG
    01 POND CONSTRUCTION.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 307
  • 02 POND.JPG
    02 POND.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 481
  • 03 POND.JPG
    03 POND.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 475
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United Kingdom
Neat idea on incorporating that pond into your deck! Looks beautiful!

Thanks! It took some figuring out but we're happy with the end result - also, we soon discovered that it's at a great height for the dogs to get a drink from the pond without bending down!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
similar to addy 's .You will see over time it will get better and maybe an aerator will help .A nice job and congrat 's on your new hobby PONDING

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks to everyone for the kind comments (I was a little nervous about posting the photos!), i'm sure that i'm in the same camp as a lot of people on here in that i wish i'd made it bigger!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Thanks to everyone for the kind comments (I was a little nervous about posting the photos!), i'm sure that i'm in the same camp as a lot of people on here in that i wish i'd made it bigger!

We never compare! We love ALL ponds! Many people start with a smaller pond or water feature to get their feet wet (haha! Oh I love myself!) and then graduate up to a bigger one as time or money or energy or all of the above allow!

Our first water feature was a pondless waterfall. Then I got a patio pond. Then we built our main pond - and I still love all three!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I think your pond is pretty cool and proportionate to the deck!
smthumbsup.gif

Ask a Question