Our Two latest additions to our pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Well here they are our two latest editions to our pond.the kujaku is for our clubs grow and show competition the Doitsu Goshiki was a spare koi which we bought on the day , we had a great day and the weather held off until we got in the car to go home .:)
Why the Kujku , well weve always liked them and we think this is a good example of one , the Duitsu Goshiki well we like doitsu koi and weve never had one Goshiki before today :cool:
We look forwards to bringing these two on and hope you guys like them :D

Kujaku.jpg

Doitsu Goshiki.jpg

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well I like them but then I don't know a kuwakimibob from a Owakimathingy when it comes to the beautiful koi fish. I just like them cuz of their pretty colors and patterns :)
Hope they grow up just the way you wish for Dave. I know how much you love and care for your fish :love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I agree with you the Kujaku is a really nice koi and with a bit more growing should be stunning .
With the doitsu we are hoping that as it grows some that it should look really nice , as I previously said weve got the koromo, the Goshski but not in the doitsu form of that classification of koi.,
To tell you the honest truth its the first time weve ever seen one and have high hopes for it in the future..

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Well I like them but then I don't know a kuwakimibob from a Owakimathingy when it comes to the beautiful koi fish. I just like them cuz of their pretty colors and patterns :)
Hope they grow up just the way you wish for Dave. I know how much you love and care for your fish :love:
Oh j.w. you really know how to cheer a person up on a painful and rainy day :LOL: (y)
To help you there are twelve seperate classes of koi , well thirteen acctually but the last is a catch all class for those who dont fit into the other twelve :-

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.antonio/antoniokoi_007.htm

I'll be testing you on them at a later date j.w.:eek: so you'll have to start learning them today :D

Dave ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
They are both beautiful! I really like the way the first one is marked. All these pictures of Koi is making me wish I had a bigger pond :D
Maria remember ours is only 1,000 gallons imperial, what we love doing is bringing a koi on to the best we can get it then sell it on infact only three of our koi are concidered full time residents of the pond as they are our pets two of those being 27 years with us now :)

Dave;)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I didn't realize you only had three that were pets. Twenty seven years is a long time for a fish, shows they are very well cared for :)

So do you find it hard to sell a large fish? I would think it would be difficult due to the size and requirements of keeping it. Not everyone has the proper accommodations for keeping such a large fish.

Reaction score
Country
United States
So is 1000 imperial gallons about 1200 US gallons? My current pond is approx 475-500 gallons. Couldn't convince my hubby to make it any bigger. I told him if and when we ever more I will be getting a BIG pond :LOL:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My thoughts, too -- I just like them 'cause they're pretty! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't realize you only had three that were pets. Twenty seven years is a long time for a fish, shows they are very well cared for :)

So do you find it hard to sell a large fish? I would think it would be difficult due to the size and requirements of keeping it. Not everyone has the proper accommodations for keeping such a large fish.
Yes and thanx for your compliment on the age of our koi that are our pets Maria , yes you sometimes have a hard time selling large koi but if all else fails we have a dealership friend who own's a large lake in Cornwall.
I know some of our members have given him koi that have grown to large or they cant sell them for some reason say due to damage caused by ulcers that negate their value but then at least you know that they are happy in the new home :cool:
If we had to quit through ill health our three pets have a new home not with the dealer but with our friend Max who runs the UK's only koi and goldfish rescue service who has said she would let them live out the rest of their years with her own fish which is really nice of her dont you think.(y)
With us its all about getting the best from a small koi bringing it on then selling them , for either books equipment food or new small koi , a sort of a self perpetuating hobby if you like :)

Dave;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I'm confused :( Both fish are very pretty but looks kinda the same to me - whitish belly, red top with black marking.. I'm too simple minded...

They are beautiful. I would love to see them swim :)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm confused :( Both fish are very pretty but looks kinda the same to me - whitish belly, red top with black marking.. I'm too simple minded...

They are beautiful. I would love to see them swim :)
LOL with you, not at you! Just about the time I [think I] learn what a color or pattern is, something else pops up!

Probably, if the names were of common English words, it would be easier for us. Like your description above: whitish belly = "whelly;" red top = "rop;" black markings = "blackings." Then it would be a WHELLY ROP BLACKING koi! And if it was shiny: SHINY WHELLY ROP BLACKING. Or if metallic.....

The hardest part would be getting everyone to agree on the terminology :)

Ask a Question