Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I got this small 40 gallon pond (hard-shell) on sale for $24.99 and decided to put it by my walkway as a small fountain/pond for goldfish. I put it in this morning so the area around it is still mostly dirt but I did get some of the stonework done as well as the fountain waterworks. There are three goldfish in it already but they were hiding in the plants when I took the picture. The goldfish are named 'Fold' 'Gish' & 'Silver'. :D

DSCN3073.JPG
DSCN3074.JPG
DSCN3075.JPG
DSCN3076.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
So the rocks topping it were part of the pond ,how cute and nice for visitors to see when they walk by .

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
So the rocks topping it were part of the pond ,how cute and nice for visitors to see when they walk by .
The rocks are edgers I put around it. The shell is hard plastic so that's how the edgers balance on the sides. Each edger is 3 rocks and they have a curved joint to fit together at the ends.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Cute little pond, hopefully it won't heat up too much for the goldfish.

Do you have any filtration on it or just the spitter?
I have a UV-Sterilizer and a basic cartridge filter that I rigged inside the fish sprayer. The water plants and the shrubs provide a lot of shade so the water stays cool and they always have some shade to get out of the sun.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I have a UV-Sterilizer and a basic cartridge filter that I rigged inside the fish sprayer. The water plants and the shrubs provide a lot of shade so the water stays cool and they always have some shade to get out of the sun.
Just keep an eye on ammonia level, 3 fish in that tiny pond can get the ammonia up real quick and since it's new there's no bacteria to help yet. (plants help but might not be fast enough)

cute pond :) I think you should buy another one and make it a carnivorous plants bog..........

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Love those rock edgers wish I could find them here .He could always use water from the other pond to build up the bacteria .I am still looking for a big tractor tire so I can make that into a pond .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I asked Mike to see if he can get one off the farm where he gets hay for the horses because the guy has huge tractors and I figure maybe the toads will go there instead of the pond

Ask a Question