Outdoor work today, who's keeping me company?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That's my plan for today, to pull the rest of the plants (Cannas, Dahlias) that will be stored for the winter (that alone takes hours), bury a few potted perennials, pull rotting water plants from the pond, clean skimmer, and if I still have time after doing all that, I will resize my bleeding hearts shrubs.

Do you guys have a lot of outdoor work to do this time a year?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I spent last Sunday working in the yard and around the pond. Pulled weeds and cut back plants. Netted out the pond and covered it with the tight weave net to keep leaves out that are already starting to fall. Put all my summer do dads away and got out my fall stuff. I will be doing a water change and cleaning my filter on the pond this weekend. Then in the next several weeks it will be time to rake and bag leaves as they fall.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Not today, we are over at ocean city, walking the board walk, eating thrasher's French fries, fishers pop corn, looking at all of the corvettes, (corvette weekend) When we get back home then it will be yard cranking time. The pond is groomed, (lilies re-growing) bog groomed, I need to pull pumps get the breathers and small pumps in for the winter.

I just mow the leaves, grind them up where they fall.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Taking the day easy. Yesterday groomed lilies, cleared leaves off the netting, cleaned out bog and did some work on the plumbing for it , pulled tropical and put in some hardies and then finished cleaning up the mess from the firewood delivery. sorted out kindling and dumping bark. Still a lot of work to do but tomorrow is another day!

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
Pulled some water plant, cleaned filters and did some trimming.
Planing on doing some more then do a water change.
Will be going to the cabin next week for repairs and getting it ready for winter. So need to get the home ready before I leave.

So much to be done :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
As soon as this snow goes away, I have 1 last tree to plant, split some firewood, put the snowblower back on the tractor, pick the turnips and radishes that are still in the cold frame, empty the rain barrels and keep watching the sky for some warmer weather...:cautious:
Winter took me by surprise this year.:banghead:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I didn't get to all I was hoping to get done, but at least my Cannas and Dahlias are safe and the pond looks nice and clean!.... the rest can wait till next weekend

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Went to Eden flea market early and then hit the mulch yard 2 times to get beds done .Got grass seed to do some bare spots and divided up plants .I have 4 woodworking projects to finish .It seems like my honey do list grows every day instead of shrinking .Made hubby his corned beef and cabbage so he was happy .I still need to move the chain link gate hubby put in the wrong spot before I moved to this house .I can't seem to find all the parts at the hardware stores .I need the tension bars and 3 lowes and 1 home depot and no one had them .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It's been pouring rain all morning and I don't think it will stop any time soon...I have no choice but to actually rest for the remaining of this weekend:cool:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Our out door Work ........
tmp_4346-20161016_111802~21991111421.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
excuse Gemma put a rubber ducky yellow rain suit on and get out there :):)coffee break for me .Addy you should be ashamed of yourself for posting that pretty pic and being lazy .:LOL:We are so jealous

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
It's been pouring rain all morning and I don't think it will stop any time soon...I have no choice but to actually rest for the remaining of this weekend:cool:
I grabbed my trimmers and went to talk to the overgrown Boston Ivy, two minutes later it started to rain, I think it's a sign Gemma, and I'm reading stay inside.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I need to get in my pond and cut back my lilies. It was nice here today but daughter here for the weekend so didn't get it done. Water temp is cooling down so if I dont get in there soon I will be kicking myself! Cleaned out my skippy last weekend so that will be easier to shut down in a few weeks. Spent some time last weekend vacuming out the pond also but still needs more done. Running out of time also. Weather is hit and miss on the weekends Water is already chilly.
When I emptied out my filter I scooped some out of the bottom into a 5 gal bucket. The really mucky stuff. Left the bucket sit for a week, the muck settled and low and behold there was a fish in there. Been living in the dark muck for awhile cause it was about 2 inches long. Threw him in the pond. Still have about 8 babies in my stock tank. Less than and inch long. Been hoping they would grow more before I throw them in so they don't end up getting eaten.
Got a new puppy so been super busy. I forgot how much work they are!!!

Ask a Question