Oxygenators

Reaction score
I have bunches of anacharis weighted with the lead strips they sell them with and dropped into my pond at intervals to help with oxygenating the water.

I can't help thinking the lead should not be down there in the pond. Does anyone have any other good ideas on how to weight the oxygenator plants?

Reaction score
I have lead weights on mine too. The've been fine for three years, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Reaction score
I used to use a heavy brass nut puchased from the DIY store tied to the bunch. Now I have Koi carp and they tear the weed to shreds. I don't think there is enough lead to do harm but like you I was doubtful.:banghead3:

Reaction score
You can leave the weights on without hurting the fish. You can also plant your oxygenators in soil, aquatic planting media or gravel to get them to stay put. If you have koi it's pointless to try to get the plants to stay put the koi just think of your plants as a snack.

Ask a Question