Pa newbie from Gettysburg

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 2500 gallon pond that is home to several koi some comets and several koi/comet hybrids.the hybrids are the reas on I joined as I'm hoping to hear of more people and what hybrids they have been surprised by. One of mine is a beautiful butterfly version that I want to share a video of.

Let me know what you think of my fish and especially my hybrid.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I have a 2500 gallon pond that is home to several koi some comets and several koi/comet hybrids.the hybrids are the reas on I joined as I'm hoping to hear of more people and what hybrids they have been surprised by. One of mine is a beautiful butterfly version that I want to share a video of.

Let me know what you think of my fish and especially my hybrid.

Welcome!

If you were indicating the black Butterfly with the white tipped fins.......that does not appear to be a hybrid. ...looks 100% Koi. Can't be sure from the video. Does it have barbels?

Smaug

Reaction score
Country
United States
No barbels. It is a hybrid. There is one other butterfly hybrid and 3 or 4 adult standard finned hybrids. I also noticed one fingerling hybrid.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and some of the prettiest fish are hybrids .I have given some away and people send me pics of the babies and how pretty they got .

Smaug

Reaction score
Country
United States
My 2 butterfly hybrids are gorgeous, I just wish they had some color. I never even got a good look at them in the past 4 or 5 years due to the lily overgrowth. Best thing I ever did to remove it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They change color also .Mine are sometimes pink and other times orange and pink and white and sometimes all white .It depends on water temps..They started off all black .

Smaug

Reaction score
Country
United States
They change color also .Mine are sometimes pink and other times orange and pink and white and sometimes all white .It depends on water temps..They started off all black .
Mine have been the same colors since day one. They are only black across the top,there sides are a deep gold and the biggest one has a creme colored belly.

Smaug

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! They're all lovely, and I can't tell which one is the hybrid....
The hybrid is the one I zoom on and say "that is a koi/comet hybrid" all the other dark colored ones are hybrids as well.

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Beautiful fish, Smaug. Thanks for joining the site! I hope you're friendlier than your dragon namesake. ;)

Ask a Question