Parasites! little killers!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Hello all, I recently bought a home with a large pond in the yard in the area of 2500 gallons. With no pond experience and notes from previous owner on how to care of the pond I turned to the Internet and the local pond store for help....I had a test kit and my water levels were perfect. Suddenly 2 large koi stopped feeding and within 1 week died. I called twin pond farms here in Howell Nj and within seconds Gary new I had a parasite issue. It turns out all the signs were there but me being a Newbie I did not notice. If you find your koi hanging under the waterfall , flashing or scratching against the rocks and occasionally jumping out of the water treat for parasites immediately. I am currently treating for parasites so please wish me luck...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
TE="Mmathis, post: 283478, member: 3238"]Hello and welcome! Thank you

What kind of parasites?[/QUOTE]
Possibly Costia but really unsure. ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Welcome:) I'm sorry you lost two fish, but sounds like you're learning and have a good pond resource near you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome from a damp and dismal Plymouth UK Robert , what was it they said was wrog with your fish did they have flukes or something like that ?

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Welcome from a damp and dismal Plymouth UK Robert , what was it they said was wrog with your fish did they have flukes or something like that ?

Dave
Thank you Dave, Not sure exactly what parasite I am dealing with but the treatment is going to kill all type of parasites so hopefully at the end mate all fish will be healthy again...btw It is 91 and sunny here at the Jersey shore....

Ask a Question