Parasites

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
javascript:poiZoom(.26333,51.13245,map,11);
Last year I Filmed a Rat Tailed Maggot with something wriggling from it's bottom, it was very unclear what it was.

So yesterday I found another Rat Tailed Maggot with something wriggling from it's bottom and it turns out to be a Parasite.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So even maggots have parasites.................ewwwwwwwwwwww

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Nature is stunningly awsome in all it's complexities, the parasite brutal in what it does to its host's

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
javascript:poiZoom(.26333,51.13245,map,11);
I do believe that this is the very first time that this has been recorded and I have started to doubt the Rat Tailed Maggot having Live Babies, but because the Rat Tailed Maggot has been hardly researched, I can't be certain of this. If anyone has anything to add to this research, please feel free to add.

The Rat Tailed Maggot has become exhausted, but it is still alive and the Parasite is still attached.

Tula, you are right, when the Rat Tailed Maggot dies the Parasite will look for another host. I could introduce another host for research purposes, but it does mean another Rat Tailed Maggot will be doomed, but this is what would happen in the wild. If I'm going to research this project thoroughly, then this is what I have to do.

How do people feel about human interference? it's not something I like to see, but when we have a subject that has had very little research, I think it needs to be done.

Ask a Question