Parasites?

Reaction score
Hi;

This morning I noticed the bubble from the fountain not being symmetric like usually is so I took the fountain head out and discover some weird organism attach to the plastic, are these parasites that are forming from bacteria in the water? I believe there is a bacteria or parasite problem because I just had a issue with Ich that I think is still present plus there is some fish with skin discoloration, any input will be appreciated, in any case I already bought a quart of ProForm C to start treating the fish, here are some pics;

img0383z.jpg

img0384ht.jpg

img0385ps.jpg

img0386zy.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not sure what that is but do you ever see any animal waste in or around your pond .I saw something in a pond similar that I took apart for a real estate company and there were a lot of bird droppings in and around the pond .Not sure if that cause the problem ,but the few fish in the pond I treated with doses of salt and tetracyclin and watched them closely and kept them seperate from other fish .I had to change the water often and really pumped a lot of oxygen in to the tubs I had them in .I did lose one but that was all .This pond had been neglected for 3 years since the house was in foreclosure

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
that is actually a small worm that is part of the bacterial eco system to the pond, Most often seen where they is accumulation of waste. they form in areas where there is a waste build up as well as water movement. Makes since that they would be forming on a water output if there is any pre filter or filer box prior to the fountain head, they are perfectly normal and will cause no harm to your fish, If anything they are beneficial.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh geeze .don;t worry I would have too .I have never saw them in my pond on anything .I guess at least now I know

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I don't think they ever close threads here that I have noticed anyways :nananananana:

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
This is a good example of why you should not add chemicals to your pond without first knowing exactly why and if it will fix a problem. In this case, there was no problem. So now the fish are swimming in a coctail of unnecessay medications.:rolleyes::skull:

Reaction score
Oh no Dr Dave, I said in my first post I bough the Proform C for the Ich issue and other known bacterial issues I had but not because of this findings, I didn't know what they were and thats why I asked. :rolleyes:

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Ok, we get folks here all the time that think everything can be fixed by buying a bottle of something. Salt will take care of a lot of things and is best used, along with other medications in a hospital tank.

Ask a Question