parrot feather

Reaction score
Hello. this is only my second sping with my plants, they were bought last spring. The people at the garden told me that the red stem parrot feather were hardy and would survive the winter if I lowered the pots witch I did. I brought them up about a week ago and am wondering if the made it and how long before seeing growth. Right now they look like someone sat on them. I left about 3-4 inch stems when I cut them back.They are not mushy and feel firm, but the lush green part seems to be gone,is this normal.I live in Delaware. Thanks

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello, and welcome! I just posted a comment on your photo-thread. Your plants are just gorgeous, and is this growth already from this year?

Reaction score
Hello, and welcome! I just posted a comment on your photo-thread. Your plants are just gorgeous, and is this growth already from this year?
Thank you, no its last year, Im hoping everything comes back. Im concerned about the parrot feather,it is my first spring with them and im not sure how they should look now.

Last edited:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I don't know about Parrots feather in general but with other plants that grow back, stems usually die and then it comes up out of the dirt/stone again.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My parrots feather dries up, looks dead, then poof regrows. My red stem is coming back. I did not sink it. Any stems that are not mush, leave, they will come back.

Ask a Question