Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
So, some of you may have seen my pond looking like this:
IMG_4850.png

Shortly after finishing the pond and stream we decided we needed to move the fence out another 8' for more room and more plants, and no offense to our neighbors but change it from a 4' to a 6' fence. So we began doing that this past weekend. We left the fence facing our backyard 4' so we have a nice view of our yard.
DSCN2461.jpg
DSCN2508.jpg
Once we did that I decided I need to redo my stream so it has a curve rather than being straight. I plan on adding a 30g pond to the start of the stream, separate, but having the appearance of being attached. That way, any tadpoles I find in my pond or elsewhere, can have their own little body of water. Hopefully I'll be able to work on that next week.

I've had issues with algae making my water green for about two weeks and one day I woke up and it magically it cleared itself up. Perhaps the plants I added helped? Not bad! Though my water lilies from last year don't seem to be growing. They grow out about two inches and just stop. Last year they were fantastic in my 30g pond and even flowered a lot. I brought them inside over winter but they just arent seeming to do anything this year.
DSCN2506.jpg

I also added two new fish: Comets. Up until now I had only had Shubunkin (and a Koi which I gave to a good home).
DSCN2455.jpg
I've also got a new Shubunkin which has not yet been added to the pond, its an awesome blue-color which I have never seen before. I can't wait to see how it looks mixed with 4 orange and a silver.
DSCN2468.jpg

Finally, we have our pond next to a patio but I personally enjoy sitting right next to it, basically over it, so I can see down in it and watch the fish, work with the plants, etc. So I added this homemade bench. Best seat in outside of the house!
DSCN2483.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice! love it all, great looking shubbie

Ask a Question