Patching liner?

Reaction score
Is there any under water patching material avalalable or does the pond have to be drained to the that level to patch it? I knocked a hole in a shallow part under the falls while I was rebuilding. Help!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think you would be happier doing it the right way or other wise you may be fixing it again and again .Less of a headache that way .I know they have a sealant they use for fish tanks that works under water, but heard it was expensive and not sure how it really holds up ,some one here may remember it or you can google underwater sealants .I double the liner around my fall area where i know rocks will be sitting .I am always moving them and figure it is safer to put extra under the rocks .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
amazon.com has it black 3 M marine adhesive sealant 5200 -12.99 a tube

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
just type in on amazon underwater sealant they have several kinds

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
PLEASE Let me know if anything actually works directly underwater that doesn't kill fish and works. I have not found anything that works directly under water to patch a hole. Just fixed 4 holes in a pond yesterday that the owner put in the liner from pressure washing it. Going this morning to check and see if it is holding water or not. Only had to drain and fill it three times yesterday to fix the holes we found. BTW, when using a EDPM liner patch the liner MUST be super clean or the patch will not stick.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think the best way to make sure patch sticks is to clean it well and I roughed mine up with fine sand paper on both the patch and the liner and wiped the fine dust off .Thing is they say fish and pet safe can you really count on that being true ,like fishin says .WOW what tip did they use on there pressure washer and how high a pressure did they use .GOSH .I see those pond experts on you tube power washing pond liners as a regular thing they do each spring .I now wonder how long those liners last after years of that abuse .

Ask a Question