pebble stone liner help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I have just installed a new preformed fibreglass kidney shaped pond and need some advice about covering the edge of the pond.
I am looking to fit the Pebble stone liner edging that you can buy on a roll but I'm concerned about how well the liner will fit around the tight corners of the pond edging.
Has anyone ever fitted a preformed pond liner and used the Pebble stone liner and if so how easy was it to fit and how did you make it fit the corners?
I haven't purchased it yet as it's quite expensive and I would like to know first whether it's the right
20150514_145741.jpg
thing to buy?
I have uploaded a picure of the pond. Appreciate any advice? Thanks

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Welcome Tarmac!
I've seen the pebble stone liner edging online. Seems it is only available in the U.K. so possible no one has used it in the U.S.

One question I would have if it will conform to the ponds curved edge. Nice looking product. Suggest you contact the manufacture or retailer for information. Is the product from Oase?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have used rock on a roll which with some crumpling, cutting does curves just fine. Never heard of what you are talking about.

Welcome to our group!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have seen it here and northern freight used to sell it .It is just a regular liner not sure if this is what you are talking about

Attachments

• ollies pond supplies 041.JPG
    ollies pond supplies 041.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 570
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Guys... thanks for the welcome. Yes Big Lou it is the Oase product you have posted in your picture and I understand it is similar to rock-on-a-roll?
Addy1 could you tell me if you had any tight curves in your pond when you fitted the rock-on-a-roll and once fitted did it sit snug against inside of the pond (where it lays in the water)
Thanks.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy1 could you tell me if you had any tight curves in your pond when you fitted the rock-on-a-roll and once fitted did it sit snug against inside of the pond (where it lays in the water)
I used it on a curved pond, my stock tank, not what I could call tight curves. I "glued" it down with roofing patch material. In some places I glued it down with polyurethane.
I put it on at first to hide the blue edge of the tank when I was using it as a bog for plants, nothing to do with the pond.
Where I have used it, it is still attached after 4 years of being under water.

Rock on a roll is a textured type material, colored to look like tan type or gray type rock. The stuff is real rough, over time it tends to grow some algae, changes color a little, gets real rock looking.

You can see the rock on roll on that edge of the stock tank, it goes down around 6 inches or so under water.
liner.JPG

This is the view under water, I did not glue down the lower edge, at the time I put it on it was into dirt.
liner1.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I've got Rock on a roll on a pretty small preform -- here's a picture when we first installed it and there were no plants around to hide the edge:
2013-08-26 19.20.25.jpg

You can see the creases and kinks, but over time, it gets weathered and not really noticable. Everyone that comes by asks if my pond is lined in concrete. This preform is about 6 feet long and between 2 and 3 feet wide (kidney-ish shaped).

Because of the tight curves, I cut the RoaR into 3 pieces and overlapped the edges -- the curves would have been too tight otherwise. There's a seam straight to the right of the fountain jet -- you can see a color change but not really a line from this angle.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for late reply. This looks great in the photos and I think this is what I need to buy.
Appreciate all the replies Guys.

Ask a Question