addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Post a picture so they know what they are getting!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Pennywort-Hydrocotyle-Pic-2.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Oh my gosh -- it's so cute!

Can you tell me about growing situation? Potted or not? How deep below surface should it be planted? I probably don't have any room - but IT'S SO CUTE!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It grows all over. It's invasive here but not in other places. I've got it growing in my bog, free floating in the pond just anchored in a corner, and growing up the side of my waterfall. Lol
Since you've got similar conditions as I do, I'd keep it in a pot at first and see how it spreads.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
hey i could use some pennywort but not tons and tons. i can send you a PM with my shipping info and you can let me know the cost and how to pay you.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Not ideal for Southern ponds. I have had dealings with its larger cousin....Dollar Weed. Highly invasive. If you don't get all of the roots when removing it, it will return.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
at least in the bog it's pretty easy to yank out (unless it got stuck in between irises's roots, grrr) I found another clump the other day and just yank them out and gave to the ducks.. they love it!!

oh, can it'll grow big and tall, cover your other smaller plants... some leaves are 3 inches across!!

BUT.... it's good for you, very rich in vitamin and strengthen your brain against Alzheimer.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Does it really? The thought of eating that kinda grosses me out though, I don't know how many times Fathead has peed on it, or Calvin has thrown up on it... Lol

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had it here one summer, never came back the next summer. It is pretty, it does spread, like all the other plants I have they grow every where, bog, pond, dirt..............

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
at least in the bog it's pretty easy to yank out (unless it got stuck in between irises's roots, grrr) I found another clump the other day and just yank them out and gave to the ducks.. they love it!!

oh, can it'll grow big and tall, cover your other smaller plants... some leaves are 3 inches across!!

BUT.... it's good for you, very rich in vitamin and strengthen your brain against Alzheimer.

Yes, it is edible, but I think that you may need to eat a considerable amount daily to keep its growth in check. Dollarweed, penny wort and all of the other many members of the Hydrocotyle genus are considered noxious weeds especially in an aquatic environment.

Ask a Question