Pesky Blanketweed - time to go electric?

Reaction score
I am sure this topic is an old favorite - but its my first forum entry ...so here goes .......

Taking off the leaf nets today I have just had a good look at my pond after the winter - and was dismayed to see that blanket weed appears to already have started to sprout , which considering the coldness I find amazing.

Last year I had a real job keeping it under control. I am sure its been asked many times but how good are the electronic controllers that claim to destabilize the blanket weed cells. Is there a market leader that actually does what they claim to do.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
hers is a video on the technology..... left click twice on this video to take you the youtube page for others
[ame]
BARLEY/ PEAT extract does a good job on blanket weed but you have to use it as a preventitive more than a cure; meaning start it before the algea starts, and keep up with the maintainence dosing. the smaler amounts that do manage to grow will be substainance for your fish.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
He stated it worked on bio film.
Would you want that?
koiguy1969 said:
hers is a video on the technology..... Left click twice on this video to take you the youtube page for others
barley/ peat extract does a good job on blanket weed but you have to use it as a preventitive more than a cure; meaning start it before the algea starts, and keep up with the maintainence dosing. The smaler amounts that do manage to grow will be substainance for your fish.

Ask a Question