Pets; fur feathers or scales

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’m a nut. We’ve got cats, dogs, and fish. I’ve had birds. So since we have conversations about everything else, I’m throwing all pets out as a topic.
Have you ever had a cat kiss you on the mouth after it’s mauled a mouse? I did. Our healing boy Pepper, ( he’s healing up after a huge abscess on his neck, the vet was shocked at just how big) managed to bag a large mouse earlier. I heard the growling, wasn’t sure if it was a dog out side, cat fight out side, or what. For 6 months old, these kittens are almost full grown, but he’s gonna be a big boy, noticeably larger than his siblings. So yeah, he mauled a mouse, and after over an hour of tossing it’s dead body around, let his sister have it. Then jumped in bed with me for some huMom cuddles. And did his little face rub, with drool, right on my lips. These spoiled fur babies didn’t even eat the darn mouse, when I tossed it out for the barn cats, one of the dogs thought about eating it.
So what all pets do y’all have? And funny pet stories.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
210C9195-F26D-463B-AFC6-BCF1A3AA42EA.jpeg 741CA419-AF9A-426B-8AAC-DD09EB4BFDEF.jpeg 5BFCB17D-FDED-4EE3-8A48-1F04D1E73B7D.jpeg F430824C-2B92-436A-B530-D1F0C9115F0A.jpeg For me, we’ve got indoor and barn cats, three dogs, plus two that are my step brothers, and the fish. My husband and older stepson rescued a poor stray about a year ago. Poor thing was super skinny. About the time she was healthy enough to go get her fixed, she was pregnant. 5 kittens. Black and White female, stripped male, black female, stripped male, another black and white female. The black one got a new home early on, the other four are still here. The two girls Jersey and Heffer, ( my husband named them , cause Holy crap, the cat had a cow!) and the two boys Doc and Pepper. Then dads cat, my step sons cat, three dogs. The step brothers dog thinks the two female kittens are spots that fell off.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have 3 chihuahuas now and they are rescues as all my pets were over my life .I lost my king last year and I was heart broken .Used to have parakeets but that was when hubby and I were first married .Pickles and puddles.Puddles and pee wee.My king :(
100_9993.JPG
100_9993.JPG
fat chi's and security cameras 005.JPG
arthur 002.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’m not a dog person, but my husband is. So we rescued a Great Dane back in like 2011. But she was a mommas girl, and made me fall in love with her. We lost her to cancer just about a year ago. Broke my heart, and I haven’t bonded to a dog since. Some pets are more than just animals we keep around, they are 4 legged family and friends. And it hurts to loose them, just like a human friend or family member.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Apparently my hubby snuck in a pic of me sleeping with the cat last night! And that was my Roxy, who was heavier than I am! I dug her a grave like I was burying a human body, and planted flowers. She has the prettiest burgundy iris centered on her grave.

Attachments

• E54B023C-FDBD-47A5-B961-4F392831B16B.jpeg
    E54B023C-FDBD-47A5-B961-4F392831B16B.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 180
  • 86AE8D22-96C2-41E8-80F4-0F0FE471BE16.jpeg
    86AE8D22-96C2-41E8-80F4-0F0FE471BE16.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 191
  • DE4678B1-7A3A-4284-AA2E-5D40BA39D85D.jpeg
    DE4678B1-7A3A-4284-AA2E-5D40BA39D85D.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 178
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I love all my indoor and outdoor animals
..I'm new to chickens but it didn't take me long to fall in love with my 4 girls I just got this past Spring
I feel bad for my dogs, I work all day and they get no attention...we got them for the kids, but much to our surprise the kids weren't interested what so ever in playing with puppies...I'm glad we got 2 so at least they have each other
I have a parrot I totally love, she talks so good we sometime forget she's just a bird

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My mom raised and kinda rescued parrots when I was growing up. Mostly cockatiels. We did some rescue when a coworker said she had two she wanted rid of, when we went to look at them, they were georgus white face, the male silver, the female pie pearl. But they were in horrid conditions, no food, a thin layer of slime only thing in the water fish, and mean! We lost a lot of blood with those two! But I’d put on garden gloves and put the whole cage in the shower with me, and boy did they love that. The male shortly tamed down with good food and care, the female stayed fairly stand-off till she died. He’d sing, y’all, groom the humans, loved to chew up my earrings. Most days we were lucky to get her to sit on our shoulder, but don’t try to scratch the back of her neck! I loved them. My mom is back into raising cockatiels, but she’s love to get into bigger birds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
What a Tease! Our dog Shaker (salt and peppered) minds super well and if told to bring it and put it down, any toy he's retrieving is in your hand or at your feet. However, otherwise, he's a terrible/tremendous tease. He'll bring it to you, real close, 6-8" and just challenge you to grab it from him. He may even set it down and ignore it, but the moment you make a grab, he is off and running with it, circling you, flip it in the air and catching it, joyously bounding around you, saying, "silly, slow human". You have to be really tricky, to grab it, then there's a major tug-of-war, with loads of growling, shaking and heavy pulling. He's SO MUCH FUN!
shaker teasing.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Just the cat and she's getting up there in years. When she's gone we will be pet free other than the goldfish in the pond. Not getting any more pets till we are done rving. Don't want to worry about leaving them in a hot rv while off bicycle riding or hiking. For now Boo goes w/us camping and she does ok but would rather be home.

Jan. 2004 Boo  snow 13.jpg

Jan. 2004 Boo  snow 15.jpg

IMG_4031.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I get that look from my cats. “ you haven’t fed us yet, you lazy ...” or “ You disturbed my sun basking “ A look of pure disgust at our ineptitude as crazy furless weird cats who can’t hunt worth a darn, willingly go into that nasty water, and do all kinds of other crazy stuff. Although I did have a cat that would play in my bath water. He’d sink both front legs in and bay at the ripples. He fell in a few times, and would calmly get out, dry off, and then come back. I’ve got another one I’m trying to teach to do that. The first time Knight did it, I filmed it, and was laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe, I sounded like a special ed seal!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
This is one of my favorites of our old dog Zeke who is no longer w/us. I never got another dog after him. He was my best friend ever and we walked everyday together for miles.

Him sitting in our bin of aluminum cans. He jumped in and decided it was a fine place to relax. Either that or he couldn't figure out how to get out!

IMG_0108.jpg

Him being cool!

IMG_0116.jpg

And doing what he loved best

IMG_0100.jpg

Man I will miss that dog till the day I die!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I know how that goes. I’ll get another dog when the right dog finds me. Something big, lazy, and good just to cuddle with. Probably another older Great Dane!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have tried to make a video of my pickles saying momma but it never works out right .He also meows like a cat for some reason when he yawns

Ask a Question