Phew!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I went to clean my skimmer this morning and if you zoom in you will see why I am so glad that a week ago I decided to use my net to hook the lid and remove it!
9F7862FB-C2EF-44EE-B112-75AE74CD547A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Snake buddy? to the right? Hard to see well.

Made your pic big to see easier lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Snake buddy? to the right? Hard to see well.

Made your pic big to see easier lol
Thanks Addy1...It was really hard to get a good shot of him, but yes, he is on the right side of the skimmer curled up. As soon as I tried to get closer he skidaddled:(

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are still on snake watch have not seen one! So happy, garter, rat snakes, etc are welcome. The water snake is not welcome. Esp 14 of them.
We are going to restock the two ponds with a some shubbies. My one pond went from around 20ish fish to 4. The big pond it appears we are running around 50 or so fish, I put in 100 fed those snakes well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
We are still on snake watch have not seen one! So happy, garter, rat snakes, etc are welcome. The water snake is not welcome. Esp 14 of them.
We are going to restock the two ponds with a some shubbies. My one pond went from around 20ish fish to 4. The big pond it appears we are running around 50 or so fish, I put in 100 fed those snakes well.
This snake doesn't seem to be taking any fish....must be eating the frogs and lizards....I just noticed some new fry...I wish he would help keep the numbers down!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Ooh! That's way more exciting. I didn't see any pattern on him when I zoomed in on the picture, but it was hard to tell.
I know, I really wanted to get a good shot of him but he slithered into the pond as soon as he saw me...He has beautiful markings and is about 3 feet long...I will try and get a better shot when I see him next. I love having him around:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
I know, I really wanted to get a good shot of him but he slithered into the pond as soon as he saw me...He has beautiful markings and is about 3 feet long...I will try and get a better shot when I see him next. I love having him around:)
Having him around, just maybe not too close around. I am sure he appreciated you using the net to tip up the cover rather than come face to face, "Eeeek! a Human!"

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'd use a good stick and that way when you next find him you can use the stick to pin them down just behind it's head and you can then catch um and transport to another area

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I'd use a good stick and that way when you next find him you can use the stick to pin them down just behind it's head and you can then catch um and transport to another area
Good tip but I want him to frequent my pond and hopefully snatch a few fish since I now have about 20 shubies in my 900 gallon pond (before it was dug they said that it would be about 1200 gallons but once they put in shelves, fish cave, ect... it shrunk to 900 :() I will just be more vigilant...to think that recently I pulled out two plants to rearrange with my bare hands never thinking there would be a snake around! My water lily needs to be fertilized and she is very big so I have to wade in to get her out...knee high rubber boots are now ordered...I did google the Florida Banded Watersnake and they seem pretty harmless to humans but I still would not want to surprise her:eek:

Ask a Question