Photos of my Fish, Need help!!!

Carpe_Diem

"Seize The Day"
Reaction score
Good evening all,

Finally my water is over 50 degrees and my fish are active and moving around.
Below are pictures of 4 out of 5 of our fish.

The last picture is of a Comet that is wounded. He/She was not like this when we got it. There is a wound on her body and tail and I am wondering if it is because the males were chasing her around because of mating and she bumped herself, although that does not explain the wound on the tail? Or are they attacking her?????

Any advice you can give me would be great. The picture shows the wounds very clearly.

1, My Koi named Tank
Koi_Tank.jpg

2. My Wife's koi named Shelly
Koi_Shelly.jpg

3 Dale, The Sarassa comet
Sarassa_Dale.jpg

4 The wounded Female Comet???? Need help with this one.

Wounded_Flash.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
I had a fish last spring that had a similar wound. After weeks the fish seemed to be fine and one day I found it floating. This was shortly after I started this, I am not as experienced as others, but you may need to bring this fish into quarantine. If it is not possible you should add salt to your pond if you have not and others here on this site can tell you better you will need some meds for the fish. I believe the wound may be from a heron, as that is what I think got my fish last year. Good luck, I hope she is OK.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i'm looking at the center of the larger wound and it appears to be ulcering...not good! In 2008 i bought a fish with an ulcer this is what i did and it did fine.I quarentined it in a salted qt tank . and fed antibiotic food...microbe lift makes a good one. but I'm no expert and it also looks like a fungus problem.

Reaction score
Tho it's a great photo, but it's kinda hard to tell.

Did you notice it from one day to the next, or did this happen over some time.

Ulcers take some time to form, but if you checked the pond the day before and then the next day you saw it--it is either a wound or a predator attack. But, koiguy, is right in that it appears to be forming a fungus and looks to be gaining an ulcer.

I would catch the fish and use some mercurichrome on it (any drugstore will have this). This will prevent any further infections, hopefully. Get some pond salt and use the right dosage so that the fish develop a thick slime coat. Some tetracycline (also found at any petsmart), might benefit this fish as well.

I will be curious to see if this fish survives. It's wounds are fairly large for a fish of that size.

You need to do a partial water change. Make sure your water is pristine, as other infections can get this fish in this condition.

Also, do a water test and tell us what your paramters are. Not sure if a high level of ammonia is perhap making this worse....

Reaction score
koikeepr said:
Tho it's a great photo, but it's kinda hard to tell.

Did you notice it from one day to the next, or did this happen over some time.

Ulcers take some time to form, but if you checked the pond the day before and then the next day you saw it--it is either a wound or a predator attack. But, koiguy, is right in that it appears to be forming a fungus and looks to be gaining an ulcer.

I would catch the fish and use some mercurichrome on it (any drugstore will have this). This will prevent any further infections, hopefully. Get some pond salt and use the right dosage so that the fish develop a thick slime coat. Some tetracycline (also found at any petsmart), might benefit this fish as well.

I will be curious to see if this fish survives. It's wounds are fairly large for a fish of that size.

You need to do a partial water change. Make sure your water is pristine, as other infections can get this fish in this condition.

Also, do a water test and tell us what your paramters are. Not sure if a high level of ammonia is perhap making this worse....

the orange fish is wot my fish have ive been treating with anti fungus but if this is an ulcer should i be treating with ulcer treatment

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Carpe. I am not surprised, as those two wounds/ulcers were failry severe looking.

Keep up the weekly water changes to keep that sort of stuff away. Glad to hear the other fish are doing well.

Ask a Question