Photos of my pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
I finally got around to taking some pictures of my pond.

Attachments

• KINDLE_CAMERA_1522500514000.jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1522500514000.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 335
  • KINDLE_CAMERA_1522500443000.jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1522500443000.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 335
  • KINDLE_CAMERA_1522500392000.jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1522500392000.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 297
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
Nice and neat looking and I bet easy to maintain!
Yes it is pretty easy to maintain. I have DIY biological filter that sits to the side. That is what the copper pipe is.
Unfortunately no photos of fish today. I got a little carried away with fish and had an algie bloom. So I had to take four of my fish to my friend at the pet store to be rehomed. My remaining fish are really upset, and are hiding. I hope I can balance the biological load with just the remaining six and the addition of the bog planters on the ends and between the cross supports. Just wish the weather would warm up so I could add some water hyacinth and water lettuce.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Looks really nice @Panzer13 I really like the shape and how you integrated the planters into the layout of the pond. Are the plants and lava rock just hanging in a mesh or screen material inside each little box?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
Looks really nice @Panzer13 I really like the shape and how you integrated the planters into the layout of the pond. Are the plants and lava rock just hanging in a mesh or screen material inside each little box?
Yes, I used a black one half inch netting I found at Homedepot. It is used to keep birds out of fruit trees and only cost $7 for a small roll. I doubled it just to make sure it would carry the weight and stapled it between the the cross supports. The idea is to just let the roots be able to grow through the mess. This way I have the most growth potential with the least amount of space.
Figured this was the best way to hide the cross supports and put them to a dual purpose. I have to have the cross supports as the pond is made from 2x6 treated lumber and the water weight was to much without them. I have steal straps under the liner on the bottom for support as well.
I did not add these at first and the pond literally tore itself apart. I have built allot of planter boxes before but I was not prepared for the weight of the water:eek:

Ask a Question