Pics of stock tank ponds?

Reaction score
I went to a garage sale today and came across a galvanized stock tank that I really wanted but they wouldn't go down on the price(50.00)..I wanted to make a small pond out of it but I am a bargain hunter and 50.00 wasn't a bargain being used and all. Anyhow now I have these on the brain and wanted to see if anyone has a pond built out of one of them...this was the long oblong kind but I know they have the round ones too. Share your pics please.

Reaction score
just watch there garbage day they usually throw it out if it doesnt sell. I'm a sanitation worker in NYC I know

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
actually that was a decent price for a stock tank if it was larger as they go in tractor supply over a 180 dollars and up for larger one try out you tube there and type in stock tank ponds there are lots of videos of them in use.I go to auction zip.com and click on the state I live in for house auctions and I got mine there use one for water for my deer friends .The other one I have plants in because it had several holes in it only paid 5 dollars for both with a butch of odds and ends stuff in them

Reaction score
They just called and said they would take 35.00 so I may go get it now..it does have rust inside already so I would need to line it which means more money lol..hmmm decisions decisions. I didn't find too many pics online.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ollies by me had pvc liners 8x10 for 9dollars but the ollies in greensboro did not have them guess they all do not have the same stuff

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States

Attachments

• tank1.jpg
    tank1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 609
  • tank 2.jpg
    tank 2.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 655
  • tank 3.jpg
    tank 3.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 626
  • tank 4.jpg
    tank 4.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 694
  • tank 5.jpg
    tank 5.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 624

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
A couple more

Attachments

• tank 6.jpg
    tank 6.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 527
  • tank 7.jpg
    tank 7.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 506

Credes

Raccoon Hunter By Night
Reaction score
blessedfamily said:
They just called and said they would take 35.00 so I may go get it now..it does have rust inside already so I would need to line it which means more money lol..hmmm decisions decisions. I didn't find too many pics online.

Have you thought of using a pond sealant paint? It would prevent further rusting and its a simple application I used a similar product on a concrete pond I had 15 years ago and it worked great. I think home depot carried something that would work for and dont quote me about $15.

If you have access to a sand blaster that would clean it out in no time and make it ready for sealing.

Reaction score
I can't get them to answer the phone now and I am unable to go back until later so I may not get to buy it..thanks J.W..the tank looks like the fifth pic on your first post..I think 35.00 is a great deal 50.00 wasn't so hot lol..I have been reading you can also use these for raised gardening beds..how neat is that.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wow than that is a good price the oval ones at tractor supply fetch a pretty penny

Ask a Question