Picture of pond setup

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
A couple people asked about where I put components of the pond. Here is the pond and how I set it up. Bio filters are hidden in the pine tree above ground. The waterfall filter and skimmer are in ground. There are 2 pumps going to the stream 1800gph in the pond with a prefilter & 4800gph in the skimmer. There is another 1800gph in the pond with a prefilter going to the inline bio filters

image.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Is it easy to clean those Savio filters? I agree it looks like it has always been there born from nature :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@JohnHuff Well that's out then cuz my hubby already has one of those.............................I know what you are thinking and I am talking about ME

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Pond looks great. You run two Laguna air pumps? Do you use air stones or disks?

I'm still waiting to hear back from AZ pond with answers to my questions regarding Hakko and Laguna air pumps - getting frustrated!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Pond looks great. You run two Laguna air pumps? Do you use air stones or disks?

I'm still waiting to hear back from AZ pond with answers to my questions regarding Hakko and Laguna air pumps - getting frustrated!
Yes 2 pumps. One has the air stone that came with it. The other I use a 4" disk.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Is it easy to clean those Savio filters? I agree it looks like it has always been there born from nature :)

I find it fairly easy to clean them out. The ones above ground I have ball valves to drain them. The waterfall filter and skimmer I have to use a vacuum to clean the bottom because they are buried and my yard is very flat so it would be difficult to get a lower ball valve to work well. They have a filter pad at the top, which is very easy to clean. They use a ribbon material for the bio media which is easy to clean with a hose at the end of the season.

Ask a Question