Picture Posting Problem

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
but not all pics just pop that information up. Took me over a hour to figure out how to find the sizes on my pics. Thanks to Ian, at least the link he provided helped resize to fit, Now I just have twice as many pics in my folders, That's why I stopped posting pics as much. Got to be a Pain to take the pic, make sure if it's the correct size, go resize it, save it, then figure out which one is the one that is the right size and which one is not. then post it, then delete the backup. that crap got old fast!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
The link that Ian provided is nice, however;
All PC computers have these features built into the operating system.
If you look at the file "Details", it always gives the Size and the Format. All operating systems have an "Explorer" and it provides this information.

Editing is another story, but most folks have "Paint" which comes with all MS OS and that can be used to re-size an image.

pond maven

Deede
Reaction score
Country
United States
DrDave said:
The link that Ian provided is nice, however;
All PC computers have these features built into the operating system.
If you look at the file "Details", it always gives the Size and the Format. All operating systems have an "Explorer" and it provides this information.

Editing is another story, but most folks have "Paint" which comes with all MS OS and that can be used to re-size an image.

Well, I have a MAC and it is very easy to figure out but since I had already posted from the same file I did not look to see if the size of the photos was the problem.

Otherwise, thank bunches for all the help.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes the forum software can automatically resize images if they are above the filesize limit, but not always. The online image resize link shoud provide a way to resize them if they exceed the limits and you don't have any editing software on the PC :).

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I had a problem getting some pictures to post a couple days ago and had to resort finally to putting them on Photobucket to get them to post so this is an experiment right now that I'm going to try. I am going to see if I can get them to post now. Ok they posted fine this time. Last time they said Failed. Guess it was just a fluke!

Attachments

• IMG_2085.JPG
    IMG_2085.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_2087.JPG
    IMG_2087.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_2094.JPG
    IMG_2094.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 273

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Just looked out in the pond and the head still floats! Wonder how that glue gun glue holds up after time? I did use a little super glue in some tinier spots and that stuff hardens up like a rock!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well if the other head comes that way you may need to do it again .I wonder if that happens when they don't clean there molds that they inject the plastic into or if they are getting air in the lines .Guess you will find out soon enough and hope it is better this time .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep hope the new one comes w/o holes. I wonder if they just didn't use enough product in the mold or could be bubbles that popped when cooled. They should check them for floating or even an eye inspection would have caught some of the bigger holes. Made in China so can't expect too much I guess? Wish we made everything here in the U.S.A! If glue gun glue goes bad I will have to use all super glue as I think that stuff holds up quite well. Ya think?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Get plumbers goop from home depot jw, that stuff works great, clear and holds up
Hope my gator floats............didn't know it was made in china probably would not have bought them.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
but then again addy isn't most of the stuff made in other countries ,that's why the U.S.A. is in the spot we are in and more jobs going overseas .I always look at labels and try to buy American but it is getting harder everyday .For all my linens I bought Dan River products just like my mom did .But now Dan River was even bought out by India .What next

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I didn't know either addy but when it arrives it says made in China on boxes! Sucker had holes mostly around where all the teeth were but also one on the flat bottom that was a little slit. One on the edge of the middle body part too. Forgot about that one but it was easy to patch.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well mine have not arrived, I had them hold off shipping until we got back to maryland, I may see if I can cancel. The gator heads seem to be doing the anti heron job well.

No kidding sissy, it is hard to find not made in china stuff. I will not buy any food from them.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Maybe you should get a plastic heron and stick in the gators mouth. Might really get the Heron thinking twice! Oh and since Halloween is coming up you could even take some red paint and put it on the bird and gators teeth!

Ask a Question