Pictures of my pond inhabitants

Reaction score
Hope you guys enjoy the pictures

This is my Pearlscale goldfish named "Titleist" cause my girlfriend says he looks like a golfball
DSC01150.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

This is my Ranchu Lionhead Goldfish
DSC01152.jpg

DSC01153.jpg

Reaction score
this is my Bubble Eye Goldfish, he popped his eye sacs for the second time a couple of weeks ago theyre starting to heal again
DSC01155.jpg

DSC01156.jpg

This is my Bull Head Catfish
DSC01159.jpg

This is my Dojo or Weather Loach
DSC01162.jpg

Reaction score
And now for the stars of my pond the KOI
This one was supposed to be the "Leader" of the pond so that the koi had a role model to follow around...yea didnt work...lol
DSC01166.jpg

my two butterfly koi
DSC01163.jpg

im not sure if you can see the GinRin scales of the orange one
DSC01170.jpg

my two baby tanchos
DSC01168.jpg

Reaction score
the all white one is a Doitsu Leather type so it looks really smooth
DSC01171.jpg

all of the orange ones that look like comet goldfish
DSC01175.jpg

the ones that are 2 toned
DSC01177.jpg

and the muts that dont have very much color but give activity to the pond
DSC01179.jpg

Reaction score
Cool fish! I like to see what people do with mixing 'other' fish with Koi and goldfish. How do all the fish get together with the cat fish and the loach? Will they recognize you like the koi and goldfish do and come up to you to be fed? (that might freak me out feeding one of those guys out of my hand!)

ZmanArt007

Fish Keeper and Filmmaker
Reaction score
Sometimes Los Angeles, Sometimes Nebraska
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
w00005414 said:
Cool fish! I like to see what people do with mixing 'other' fish with Koi and goldfish. How do all the fish get together with the cat fish and the loach? Will they recognize you like the koi and goldfish do and come up to you to be fed? (that might freak me out feeding one of those guys out of my hand!)

I'd like to know that too... Aren't both of those fish bottom feeders? Do you see them as often as the rest?

Anyway, I love the fish. Most(if not all) of them are looking very healthy!

Reaction score
Speaking of catfish, I saw a show last week on either the Discovery Channel or TLC called River Monsters and they had an episode on a catfish named the Wels Catfish, it was attacking people over in Germany. These fish grow huge!!!! they showed photos of a 200 lb one that was something like 7 or 8 feet long. The host of the show went to some place in Northern Spain to fish for them and they caught a couple that were around 150 lbs.

Reaction score
w00005414 said:

i hardly see the catfish they hide by the skimmer and dont come out much
i got another one from a guy at work he was in a bag for close to 20 hours cause i left him in the sump over night let him go as soon as i came in the next day no signs of ammonia poisoning

ZmanArt007 said:
I'd like to know that too... Aren't both of those fish bottom feeders? Do you see them as often as the rest?

Anyway, I love the fish. Most(if not all) of them are looking very healthy!

the loach and the catfish are both bottom feeders but once in a while ill see the catfish among the koi feeding at the top

thanks i try to keep them as healthy and plump as possible
the butterfly koi had a few fungus from something getting to their fins. the black one is my canary. he makes it easy to see any little thing be it ich or fungus. almost killed them when i did a pima and melafix dip. i love koi cause they just bounce back

anyways sorry i havent been able to get pictures up of the new surprise fish that i got ive been working long hours this past week
but ill give you guys the name of the fish

:coolgleema:STURGEON:coolgleema:

4 of them
a koi place around my house wanted $100 for 6 to 8 inch sized ones. I got 4 3 to 5 inch ones for $8 a piece

Ask a Question