PICTURES OF THE FISH

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
well, as you most know, I redid my pond last weekend, and got it up and running. I had my fish in tubs in the basement, but had to pull the pumps from the tubs, so i could get the pond cycling. I was running air pumps int hier tubs, but nothing realy filtering the water, so I was doing 20% water changes everyday. Now I've decided that even though its only been a week, I'm putting the fish into the pond. Not exactly ideal, but I believe they will be just fine. They were abruptly put into the tubs downstairs before they were cycled (emergency, hole in liner) and they did fine, so hoping it goes the same when putting them back into the pond.

Anyway since this is probably (i hope) the last time these fish will be moved, i decided to snap some pics of them. I didnt have a nice blue bicket liek the pro's to really show off thier colors, but here they are.

First the biggest one... it was the very first one we bought this is the third spring with our pond, he was alot color to yellow when he was small.

DSC01566.JPG

then the next two we bought together to add some more color i belive we bought these one later in that same summer.

DSC01562.JPG

DSC01563.JPG

then here are the ones we added last summer yellow one, a silver one, and the only butterfly, i really wish i would have had a blue buckey so you could see his fins, as soon as i plopped him inthe black pond, i was like " oh his fins are really nice"

DSC015601.JPG

DSC015561.JPG

DSC015581.JPG

and then here are the rest of the regular goldfish, there are some really neat ones there too. 3 that have stayed black so far, i hope they stay that way. there are a couple of orange ones with some really nice long fins, and then my sons favorite is an orange one with a white mouth

DSC015521.JPG

DSC015531.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice herd you have there! They will be happy to be back in their home.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good looking fish! You picked some nice color combo's and the dark one w/ the white fins is cool!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha .................if?..................that's funny..................I'm sure you will find some that you can't resist 99! They are like Lays potato chips.............you can't eat just one!

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
well there not a lot of choices around here, no real pet stores anymore, so good koi are few and far between when you are looking at walmart, petsmart, and petco. But there is a koi breeder about 45 minutes away thinking about taking the family down there sometime and checking it out.

Reaction score
Very nice fish - even if not in Blue buckets as mentioned. You're also right that large stores aren't so good with the choice/variety of fish. Keep trying the smaller independent stores and I'm sure you'll find they'll be able to get you some better quality fish so you can enjoy your pond keeping hobby more.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Oh, What I meant is we have NO small pet stores here anymore, there used to be tons of small fish stores. Ive been into fish and aquariums for years before I built a pond. But after petsmart and petco moved in, they all slowly disappeared. But there is that koi breeder i found about 45 minutes away, i want to check them out sometime soon.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My honey drug me into petsmart to look at fish, they had a ton of koi, some really pretty colors, some all yellow. But we did not get any. I went over to home depot and he bought me 4 subies for our deck pond, while I was there..........the sweety

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That was so nice of him to do that for you addy! I went looking for fish at several pet stores around here and they had 1 shubbie that didn't look good at Petco and a couple tiny wobbly ones at Petsmart and not very many and not so good looking ones at Wal-mart either so I haven't found any yet to bring home to my pond.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol I told him not to, but he did and picked out some nice ones. They now reside in our deck pond.

Reaction score
Nice fish. I am still in the market for new fish but I am not in a hurry. Always looking for that one fish that stands out.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Nice looking fish! I'm hoping to get pics of each of out fish and a measurement when we move them. If all goes well they should be here in the new home by Easter. I'm really looking forward to having my koi back where I can check on them daily.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
I didnt even think to measure them when they were out... o well. They are all doing great, and it looks like they are happy to be in thier new, much larger environment. No issues thus far with plopping them into an uncycled pond, so I'm glad about that. Will try to get some pictures soon, or course the pond still isnt near completion, but its coming along. I'll be making a new post in a bit about my filtration, Im not sure its going to work, I'll probably just have to wait and see how well it does.

Ask a Question