pink jobs and blue jobs

Reaction score
I do not wish to offend anyones sexual preference here so take it as his and her jobs, her and her jobs, his and his jobs etc,

We were talking about blue and pink jobs at work and I wonder what you do?

washing the car is blue, hoovering it is pink.

putting out the bins is blue.

bringing in logs is blue.

getting the shopping is pink but putting it away (under scrutiny) is blue.

mowing the grass is blue, weeding tends to be pink.

Im not a feminist and my hub cooks, irons , shops etc but its funny how we still have some his and hers jobs.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
LOl
I have to take out the trash & make the coffee
And do all the yard work ...Im just wore out :lol:

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
LOl
I have to take out the trash & make the coffee
And do all the yard work ...Im just wore out :lol:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hummmmmmmmmm I need to show this post to my hubby, It seems I do all those blue jobs!, but then again he works and I don't.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hummmmmmmmmm I need to show this post to my hubby, It seems I do all those blue jobs!, but then again he works and I don't.

jethro13

jethro13
Reaction score
My wife and I are a team. Have been for 30 years now.We each do whatever is required at that moment. I wash dish's. she pulls weeds. She wash's dish's I pull weeds or whatever. You get the picture.

jethro13

jethro13
Reaction score
My wife and I are a team. Have been for 30 years now.We each do whatever is required at that moment. I wash dish's. she pulls weeds. She wash's dish's I pull weeds or whatever. You get the picture.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
jethro13 said:

Same here jethro, he is a good cook too!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
jethro13 said:

Same here jethro, he is a good cook too!

Reaction score
I wash the dishes, do the cooking, mow the lawn, take out the trash, look after all the critters (wet and dry), own and use the power tools, repair the roof, work full-time AND pay all the bills. Everything is my responsibility. But, I also get all the credit.

If I had a partner in my life I would prefer to do mostly blue jobs. He could do the cooking and cleaning. To me "woman's" work is a chore and "man's" work is more fun!

Reaction score
I wash the dishes, do the cooking, mow the lawn, take out the trash, look after all the critters (wet and dry), own and use the power tools, repair the roof, work full-time AND pay all the bills. Everything is my responsibility. But, I also get all the credit.

If I had a partner in my life I would prefer to do mostly blue jobs. He could do the cooking and cleaning. To me "woman's" work is a chore and "man's" work is more fun!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
He takes care of the outdoor stuff, I do indoor stuff. I couldn't imagine him cleaning "my" house ... lol And I have never mowed a lawn in my life. We do home improvements together. I take care of the wet pets, he takes care of his dog. I cook in the cold season, he cooks on the grill in the warm season.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
He takes care of the outdoor stuff, I do indoor stuff. I couldn't imagine him cleaning "my" house ... lol And I have never mowed a lawn in my life. We do home improvements together. I take care of the wet pets, he takes care of his dog. I cook in the cold season, he cooks on the grill in the warm season.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sunshine said:

Good sharing! My previous husband was disabled, before that I owned a house as a single gal, you learn to do it all. My new honey is the benefactor of the fact I hate sitting around.
(I hate house cleaning!) but do it to keep from living in a arm pit lol

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sunshine said:

Good sharing! My previous husband was disabled, before that I owned a house as a single gal, you learn to do it all. My new honey is the benefactor of the fact I hate sitting around.
(I hate house cleaning!) but do it to keep from living in a arm pit lol

Ask a Question