pipe bore after pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Just moved here after last forum died.
Basically its 3 x 6500L ponds stepped down to a bottom Drain, through a kockney vortex, through 3 x 240 wheelie bins interconnected with 110mm pipe then a jebao 20000L pump will propel it 75ft up the garden to a 5ft head. I have a 38mm coming out the pump which then passes through a non return valve then my question starts, should the run up the garden (75ft with 5ft head) be in 110mm or is 40mm/50mm sufficient, is there a formula to work it out?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am sure Dave or mucky can answer that question .They are great with all that kind of stuff

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Not familiar with this make of pump as it is not available in the U.S..
What is the recommended pipe size? Moving to the next size up from what is the recommended size will help. Any larger size may reduce water velocity too much.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pump has one of the multi outlets 25/32/38/50mm so on that note I'm guessing its 50mm as maximum bore. Jebao is a cheap as chips ebay chinese pump, very cheap to run and cheap to replace. £95 for 20000L at 200w ph, my last one lasted just over 3 years running 24/7 so to me a no brainer to replace like

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
If the operating manual does not indicate differently, then 50mm is maximum. You could go to the next larger size. That may improve the flow somewhat.

Ask a Question