Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I am sure others may have thought of this already and some may have actually done it already but, I was making the schematics and cutting patterns for my next custom aquarium build project and thought it would be neat to create an aquarium that was built into a shower so that the entire 3 walls of the shower minus the door obviously would be made of the aquarium sides from top to bottom. The aquarium itself would be U shaped and would hold about 450 to 500 gallons. I am sure it would cost a fortune though. So do you think it would be interesting to have ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I'm with T.... but I'd also be trouble of being in the shower too long and running out of hot water...

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You would forget why you were there................be watching the fish instead of showering. Would be neat to see.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I think it would be awkward having fish watch me shower...
Again.. LOL
I'm sure it would be awesome though.
They technically can only see their own reflection but I agree it would be odd to showering and look up to find a school of koi in your face lol :D
FYI I would personally have a divider in my tank and put sharks, starfish & jelly fish in one side and assorted fish & live coral in the other half.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
...So do you think it would be interesting to have ?

Since you asked....;)

No. It would be frought with problems.
Sharks require more than 500 gallons.
Jellyfish require a special circulation system because they cannot control their swimming direction.
Live coral requires specific water movement and lighting, depending on the species.
The equipment you would need to have would clutter the view of the inhabitants.
After 6 months, you would be cursing the setup because all you would be doing is cleaning algae out of difficult to reach places.

I would be interested if the money was spent on a more secure enclosure for the turtle pond.;)
I'm trying to come up with a secure enclosure idea for my own pond so our dogs can have regular access to it.(y)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Since you asked....;)

Jellyfish require a special circulation system because they cannot control their swimming direction.
Live coral requires specific water movement and lighting, depending on the species.
After 6 months, you would be cursing the setup because all you would be doing is cleaning algae out of difficult to reach places.
LOL Mitch you are such a party pooper. :bored:
But of course I know you are just being a realist and probably right on every point. (y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Yep, that's me.:)

PLUS - Now that Marshall is receiving funding from donors for his turtle rescue, they will most likely be following and scrutinizing his activities.
If the money is going to be spent on non turtle activities, the funding may stop.
Accountability......one minor drawback of accepting third party funding.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Since you asked....;)

I would be interested if the money was spent on a more secure enclosure for the turtle pond.;)
I'm trying to come up with a secure enclosure idea for my own pond so our dogs can have regular access to it.(y)
Sarcasm is a virtue and a pipe dream is a fantastical conundrum of mind bending retarded ideas none sane would ever really make reality ;) Moving on... LOL I already have secure enclosures for turtle ponds and indoor habitats ( $12,000 + worth) and technically If I was dumb enough to really buy sharks and have the money to waste on housing them in my showers walls then chances are I would also be dumb enough to spend 50k to make the shower the size of a football pitch too and have it built under the Atlantic ocean... lol

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States

PLUS - Now that Marshall is receiving funding from donors for his turtle rescue, they will most likely be following and scrutinizing his activities.
If the money is going to be spent on non turtle activities, the funding may stop.
I would not be so ignorant as to A. use rescue money for other things and B. take money from people stupid enough to believe humorous ideas are realistic.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States

Public tax records and documentation of all funds in out is another thing that comes with public funding. Also, I personally dont consider accountability or anything that encourages it a drawback as I value integrity and always speaking what you believe. Whether or not people like well, that is definitely a "minor drawback"

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Ah, so this thread was meant to be a joke. See, when you said that you were making schematics and cutting patterns, I thought you were, you know, making schematics and cutting patterns.
Silly me.

There was a show on television a while ago that had a company in Florida making some ridiculous aquarium setups for people that had more money than brains and no consideration for the animals that they were planning to keep.
This idea would have fallen into that category.

I brought up the fencing aspect of your turtle pond because the coyote incident you had sticks out in my mind, and I haven't seen what you've done to secure the pond further.

Communication on forums does have it's drawbacks.;)

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Ah, so this thread was meant to be a joke. See, when you said that you were making schematics and cutting patterns, I thought you were, you know, making schematics and cutting patterns.
Silly me.

There was a show on television a while ago that had a company in Florida making some ridiculous aquarium setups for people that had more money than brains and no consideration for the animals that they were planning to keep.
This idea would have fallen into that category.

I brought up the fencing aspect of your turtle pond because the coyote incident you had sticks out in my mind, and I haven't seen what you've done to secure the pond further.

Communication on forums does have it's drawbacks.;)
Read the last post about my custom built tank... that is what I am cutting patterns for, another one of those and while doing that very dull task I went into a coma and came up with this pipe dream.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
If you can't have fish in the shower you could have them under your coffee.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Modern-Uniq...s-Furniture-/262068305792?hash=item3d047cff80
I saw that in Atlanta a while back at this store that apparently caters to cretins and weirdos but they had one of these in their store and I thought.... what a weird thing to do to fish... making them see all these strange people looking down on them all day lol Imagine trying to feed, clean, et cetera that setup :p

Ask a Question