Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is this 2ft pipe enough for this 3x4 bog? I've still got to cut slits and add gravel. The pump hose will run up to it w

Attachments

• IMG_20200512_094726.jpg
    IMG_20200512_094726.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 129

IPA

Reaction score
63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
It’s hard to tell from that picture. Are you going to run it lengthwise and add a clean out? I have a similar size bog and mine runs the length of the bog, w/ a 45 degree bend to accommodate the bend in the bog. I also have a clean out.
A0772799-E6C5-45A4-B070-559AD9940367.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You want to run the pipe down as much of the bog as possible leaving 6 inches from the ends. in my blog on the build I cut the slots in the pipe holes can clog way to easy a paneling blade for a circular saw works well but that's me. I cut 1/3 of the width of the pipe maybe even a little less.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks. I don't know how I'll run it I don't know what I'm doing and I don't have any help. I was going to have a pipe running to iit

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks. I don't know how I'll run it I don't know what I'm doing and I don't have any help. I was going to have a pipe running to iit
1.what pump are you going to use
2 What size is the hose coming off the pump.
3.how far in feet will the pump be from where the water goes in the pipe to the pump and how many feet from the pump to where the bog is .
and or can you post a picture of the entire pond.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I couldn't finish that post it wouldn't let me. I was saying I was going to run a PVC pipe with a T to join that pipe.( The one in the bog) My hose will go on the pipe with a reducer and come in from the bottom, not overhead

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I couldn't finish that post it wouldn't let me. I was saying I was going to run a PVC pipe with a T to join that pipe.( The one in the bog) My hose will go on the pipe with a reducer and come in from the bottom, not overhead
First thing you never want to use unless you have no other choice is a T or 90 degree angle fittings. look at it this way if your driving and your doing 40 miles per hour and you have to make a hard 90 degree turn without breaking. You are going to slam into the corner you will loose your speed and you have to start from a dead stop. now change the hard 90 degree turn to a rounded turn like an expressway exit. you can make the turn keeping your speed but you have to travel a little further. but that is still a lot easier for the pump to push water a little further and not slamming into the corner. They have 22.5 elbows that would require 4 elbows to make that turn but again the water keeps its momentum. or you can use 45 elbows where you need 2 of those to make your 90 and last resort they have a Street 90 which has a very short but rounded 90 degree turn. now your T you will want a T wye instead of the hard 90 coming off the T there's a Y where you have that tight but sweeping tap into the t but it avoids the water slamming into the corner. Now you said you needed to reduce a pipe size. I get the feeling your going to have a 1 inch and a half pipe coming off your pump and your stepping up to the 2 inch for the bog. is that right .

Reaction score
Country
United States
First thing you never want to use unless you have no other choice is a T or 90 degree angle fittings. look at it this way if your driving and your doing 40 miles per hour and you have to make a hard 90 degree turn without breaking. You are going to slam into the corner you will loose your speed and you have to start from a dead stop. now change the hard 90 degree turn to a rounded turn like an expressway exit. you can make the turn keeping your speed but you have to travel a little further. but that is still a lot easier for the pump to push water a little further and not slamming into the corner. They have 22.5 elbows that would require 4 elbows to make that turn but again the water keeps its momentum. or you can use 45 elbows where you need 2 of those to make your 90 and last resort they have a Street 90 which has a very short but rounded 90 degree turn. now your T you will want a T wye instead of the hard 90 coming off the T there's a Y where you have that tight but sweeping tap into the t but it avoids the water slamming into the corner. Now you said you needed to reduce a pipe size. I get the feeling your going to have a 1 inch and a half pipe coming off your pump and your stepping up to the 2 inch for the bog. is that right .
Lol thanks so much for that description I needed a smile this morning! I will have to see what you are recommending in a drawing.Im gonna run a 1.5 pump corrugated pond hose to join at the reducer

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lol thanks so much for that description I needed a smile this morning! I will have to see what you are recommending in a drawing.Im gonna run a 1.5 pump corrugated pond hose to join at the reducer
1.5 horse power? or inch and a half pipe ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
GOTCHA . when you said 1.5 pump i was like hold your horses, I only run a 1 horse pump

Reaction score
Country
United States
Im using that black hose . This is my bog

Attachments

• 1589635372675680039806.jpg
    1589635372675680039806.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 88
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Im using that black hose . This is my bog
Not exactly sure what your idea is is but i would think that a stone wall infront of the bog to create a pool between the bog and the pond . would be needed. YOU WANT THE BOG WATER TO STAY IN THERE A WHILE . and not just drain out at the bottom like you have now. plus having the wall will also give you a little drop down into your pond which will make for a little water fall or a babbling brook . to make your stone wall so it can hold back the water you'll need the biggest rocks you have or maybe two rows one in front of the other and some waterfall foam or mortar to fill in the spaces between the rocks if you use foam fill only half the area your trying to fill as the foam will expand it you put in to much you can trim it with your hands or even a butter knife it's just foam but be careful of your liner. oh the other thing is make sure it is lower then your sides by a 1.5 inch or 2 so the water won't overflow your sides. and only goes where you want it. The water fall foam is mainly sold in professional cans for a gun. you don't need that they also sell cans like you see at home depot with the great stuff. they are the smaller can i think 8 to 12 oz

Ask a Question