Pipework question, (UK specific)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Any uk based ponders offer some advice regarding pipework? 40mm welded waste pipe seems to be common and cheap, is that the sort of thing that is generally used for pump to filter type arrangements or is there something else I should be looking for??

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not in UK but if you are referring to the white pipe, that's what we call pvc pipe and that's exactly what we use. Cheap and easy to work with.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There's so many types of pipe out there. Standard schedule 40 waste pipe is what is commonly used here. But there are other white plastic pipe that is strictly no pressure drain tile pipe.. your on the right path ask for local opinions. If no luck here try koiphen they are a similar forum. But have completely different views on ponding.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, I've got a trip to the local pond shop scheduled for Friday, so I'll take this and the mountain of other questions with me :)

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I don't know how things are in the uk but here pond stores charge huge amounts for things you can get at a local hardware store much cheaper!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
yes, pretty much the same here too... add to that the covid surcharge and the brexit premium... lol. I used to work in Law, and it was the source of astonishment that "legal paperclips" were far more costly than ordinary paperclips!

Just checked a couple of random pipe union type items, between random pond sellers and non pond sellers. Its not as bad as I thought it would be.. difference of a pound... More difference between non pond sellers for the same item. up to £20!

Ask a Question