Pix From Around My Backyard

Reaction score
Here are some recent pix that I have of my pond and the landscaping that I have done in my backyard. The tall plants that you see at the back of the upper pond will be filled with clusters of yellow flowers from late July to mid August. I think they are Mexican Sunflowers. Those were the only plants that were there when we first moved here 15 years ago.Everything else I planted within the last 5 years. My perennials really took off this year. The "corn stalk " looking plants that you see on the left side of the upper pond are Orange Day lilies. I just transplanted them there. I am hoping they will grow next year. The ground cover that I planted around the tree is covered with white flowers in the spring. It is Sweet Woodruff . I am running out of space on where to plant more perennials . The planter that is behind my fountain was a old fountain that cracked. I also have more Hostas ,Day Lilies, and Coral Bells,and other perennials that I planted in my backyard that you don't see in the photos.

Attachments

• IMG_0153a.jpg
    IMG_0153a.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_0156a.jpg
    IMG_0156a.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_0157a.jpg
    IMG_0157a.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_0160a.jpg
    IMG_0160a.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_0163a.jpg
    IMG_0163a.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 311

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice gomer! Day lilies are hard to kill and transplant pretty well. I even stuck some in my bog, need to thin them they are thick now

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Gomer nice looking. I said the same thing about running out of room for plants but I always find space by adding on to my landscaping and taking out more grass, less I have to cut.

Addy, never thought about the daylillies in a pond. Do you have them in your pond or bog?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
taherrmann4 said:
Gomer nice looking. I said the same thing about running out of room for plants but I always find space by adding on to my landscaping and taking out more grass, less I have to cut.

Addy, never thought about the daylillies in a pond. Do you have them in your pond or bog?

I have the majority in my bog, but a few in the pond in rocks just seeing how they will do. The roots are always wet in the bog, and they are growing like crazy.

Take a look at my thread on spring flowers, I am not home to load another, but I have a photo there.

Reaction score
Thank you all very much. I might have to try planting some Day lilies in my pond. I am sure I will find more room to plant more plants in my yard.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Try some bare root in rocks and some in pea gravel see which do the best. The bog ones are pea gravel. You might want to try pea gravel, bare root and a different pot kitty litter clay. Would be interesting to see how they do.

Mine love it, doing better than the land day lilies.

Ask a Question