Placing Plants in a Bio-Falls?

FXM

Reaction score
Well, my pond is finally in! I am having a ball just enjoying it! I have a few plants in the pond already. My pond filtration system is an Aquascape Bio-Falls & Skimmer. My question regards placing some aqutic plants like "Cat Tail" or a "Cana" in the Bio-Falls itself. The lava rocks wouls hold the plants down and I think it would look good for the height of the pond. Any comments would be appreciated.

F.X.

Attachments

• Pond7.jpg
    Pond7.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 454
  • Pond1.jpg
    Pond1.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 639
  • Pond2.jpg
    Pond2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 459

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
Do you mean in the top reservoir? I like water hyacynth. It floats on the top and aids in filtration of fines as well, they stick to the roots. Plus it has beauitful purple flowers.

FXM

Reaction score
Yes, the top resevoir. I currently ( not shown in the photos) have a small potted Zebra grass, a small potted cyprus, (2) watter lillies, and a small potted "Phosphorus Grass". I was wondering if I could place a small potted, "Cattail" in the top resevoir along with a Cana plant. Yes, I curretnly do have (5) 4 inch Comets, 2 tiny Black Moors, and eight tiny shubunkins.

F.X.

Reaction score
Yes you can place potted plants or bare roots in the bio filter. I have water celery in mine. Two are potted and a bunch is bare root. I also add water hyacinth to help hide the filter.

Ask a Question