Placing the pump the right way

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I have pump with outlet on top. And from there the 1inch hose I've connected to it first comes to water surface in the center of the pond and then its curved towards the waterfall. So due to this the hose looks like its making a radius line floating on its surface. Now I am wondering that how about placing the pump slightly tilted on its side to push down that radius line to hide the hose.
In attached photo I've tilted the pump slightly.
Is it ok placing a pump on any angle?

Attachments

• IMG_1275_result.JPG
    IMG_1275_result.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 235
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
To b on safe side add a joint to bend try to keep pump straight as its made for , fr eg if fan inside is rotating horizontaly then should avoid keeping it verticaly

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
I had one hailea pump , its middle rod got thinner and broke from friction within year , the onky thing i suspect was tht i had it lying on bottom and may b it was built to b upright some how the propeller fan kept touching its middle rod

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I am using sunsun hqb-3000. And the rod you're talking about is placed horizontally in the pump, but there may be chances of friction if that rod is placed vertically when pump is running side tilted.

Ask a Question