Plans and pictures for new pond - need input, please!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
next pond jw thought you and hubby were retiring and going to travel some .I think your pond is nice the way it is

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well there you are sissy.............you must have been off dealing w/ your newly acquired house for you friends. Hope everything went well with the purchase. Yes I know I prolly won't ever build another pond but one never knows do they cuz once you get the pond bug anything is possible :lol::rolleyes::fish::fish:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
well jw, this is it for me, last home hopefully, and hopefully will be healthy enough to care for it until...............you know lol.

We do have no work homes in florida. i.e. condo and a house in a community for old farts, but a little to old for us yet.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yes the horses are coming down friday and the stupid closing had to take place on 2 days as all the paperwork was not in and we had to go get electric turned on today to pump water from the pond .Thanks for the welcome back and boy am I glad these last couple of days are over Thank you jw they love the house and 11 acres can't wait to see scuttlebutt and cinnamon stick see there new home they are the horses

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
sissy said:
old farts geeze addy

Well...................you never see them unless we catch them in the heated pool, almost like a ghost town.
laughing

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ohhhhhhhhhh, heated pool for old farts sounds lovely to me right now............anything for warmth over here in chilly villy...............almost said chilly willy.......but of course I would have meant the penguin :rolleyes::lol::fish:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
j.w said:
Ohhhhhhhhhh, heated pool for old farts sounds lovely to me right now............anything for warmth over here in chilly villy...............almost said chilly willy.......but of course I would have meant the penguin :rolleyes::lol::fish:
yeah sure sure jw.......and they keep it at 88 degrees..............yummy maybe 50 feet from our door, too many lights for skinny dipping though

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
OK, the consensus is that the pond gets moved a little away from the deck, both for ease in getting around it, and for view from the deck. I will tell my sister she was right . . . this time. LOL I was thinking that the side to the deck was the straighter side for the pipe to be buried, too, so that will work better as well. And, if I have easy access to digging it up, it will never need to be dug up, right? Murphy's Law!
The tornados missed me yesterday thank goodness, but Mother Nature dumped 1.5" of rain, so things are pretty wet. I think MN is telling me I need to rest after unloading all those pavers! I figure just getting in shape to start digging the pond, and moving landscape blocks around! I actually LIKE the feeling of sore muscles, makes me feel like I accomplished something, and keeps reminding me of it, too. :)
Getting sand for the sidewalk tomorrow, and enough for putting under the pond if necessary. Hoping to start digging on the weekend. We will see . . .

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Not a bad idea, always better to have more room to work plus he will be a safe zone between deck and pond, (less chance a soft drink, or what not spills in the pond. I have where the pond goes under the deck for them to hide under. it's shallow under there but I can lift a door on the floor and check on them, plus it's where my second pump and uv light are serviced. can't wait to see it all get started.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
countryescape, called a moving target, until you actually have it dug. My honey wanted ours drawn out so he could see what I was doing, well it ended up close to the drawing but the target moved a few times.....
As you build you find things that will work better...............tweaking

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
True, Addy, it's already been changed 3 times!!! I have no problems tweaking it as I go, too, since it's only me to make the decisions. :) Fishin, you have no idea how excited I am to get it started! And, to think all of this came together because the beginning of March, I bought a 55 gal aquarium that had 4 Comets (1 Shubunkin, 1 Sarassa, one Platinum and one . . . with the red spot on the head) and a Fantail Oranda, and decided to keep them and give them a bigger home!!! Those "free" fish are going to cost me plenty, but it will be a labor of love. And, since I have family coming for Memorial Day weekend, I kind of have a time frame to get it finished by! But, as I've been told, the liner won't be ordered until the pond is dug and measured!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
:lol:sore muscle a reminder to me I'm getting older hmmmm:lol::rolleyes::lol:

Ask a Question