plant fell in pond vac advice

Reaction score
one of my pond plants has fell off the shelf over winter. and there is soil all over the bottom as i cant afford a dear pond vac. ive found one that u connect a hose pipe to it are they any gud
tony

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
the muc vac works fine as long as you have over 50# water pressure from your tap.. be carefull tho, they displace water when used.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
no... it works by your hose water rushing thru a venturi type setup but draws pond water and debris with it. the water and debris are sent out a discharge hose so you lose some pond water when you vaccuum. which is o.k scince you should be doing10% average water changes on a regular basis anyway.

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
no... it works by your hose water rushing thru a venturi type setup but draws pond water and debris with it. the water and debris are sent out a discharge hose so you lose some pond water when you vaccuum. which is o.k scince you should be doing10% average water changes on a regular basis anyway.

ive ordered my vac now should be here tommrow im gunna do a test to and put the results on here so some one can say my water is ok or not
tony

Ask a Question