Plant ID???

Reaction score
thanks a lot , it's just a idea to know what type of plant it is before i go to a store say crazy thing trying to describe it...
hahahah, thanks

Reaction score
Hey koispr,
It looks to me like it's creeping jenny. It grows quick, fills the cracks between rocks and handles lots of abuse. It will spread into the water and grow little roots so it's easily propagated. I live in Hamilton Ontario and it's hardy here.

Reaction score
I agree, looks like Creeping Jenny, a.k.a., Moneywort, Creeping Charlie, Lysimachia nummalaria, to be exact. The most common form of creeping Jenny in the nurseries is the golden-leafed cultivar ‘Aurea’ which has bright, chartreuse leaves in the spring that take on a somewhat more subdued tone as they age. The green form is available, but less common. Creeping Jenny belongs to the primrose family. It has yellow, upturned, five-lobed flowers in late spring. The small (one inch or less) bright yellow flowers which appear in midsummer and last for several weeks are a nice bonus, but the leaves that are its main appeal.
Creeping Jenny is easy to grow, responding to extra watering or fertilization by just growing faster. In rich garden soils, it provides a cascade of stems and leaves that shoot out in all directions with the stems capable of making a foot or more of growth in a month. It is great for hiding the waterfall weir and looks lovely as it cascades down the rocks.
The plant can become a nuisance weed in lawns, but it is useful as a groundcover that will flourish in shady, moist (or even soggy) areas where few other plants will grow. It will withstand light trampling, and is useful around stepping stones if kept contained. It thrives beside streams and pools, and over wet banks.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
if you let it get in the soil outside your pond ,,,it will be hard to control before you know it.

Ask a Question