addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Unless you built in some sort of base, not sure Lou. I have made pvc pipe stands for plants before, they can be sprayed with plastic paint which hides the white, or make out of the gray electric conduit.

Reaction score
othen than some type of stand, think you would be looking at some digging and moving dirt under the liner...

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Could you make some kind of bracket out off 1/4" plastic to hook over the edge of the pond.
you could heat it in to any shape needed

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My pond bottom slopes I just put the plants in pots on the sloped bottom, they do fine.

Reaction score
Some plants do very well on the bottom of the pond....all my waterlilies are on the bottom of shallow end of my pond, which is 3 1/2 feet.

What did you want to plant? The reason I ask is that straight - or almost straight sides are a great deterrent for herons.

Attachments

• IMG_6913.JPG
    IMG_6913.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 216

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
DrCase said:
Could you make some kind of bracket out off 1/4" plastic to hook over the edge of the pond.
you could heat it in to any shape needed
If your sides are sloped say 45 degrees or so, you could make the stand the same angle like putting a pyramid bottom on the side of the pond, this would give you a level side that you could then put pots on. I would make the stand out of PVC and paint it black so you can not see it. Then take two pieces of copper wire and attach them to the high side of the triangle and secure them to the side of your pond by running them under the ledge of the rock around your pond and if you want secure them to a stake outside your pond. This will hold the stand up from sliding into your pond. I hope you can picture what I am saying.

Ask a Question