Plant life in small pond

Reaction score
hi ive been watching lot of videos on youtube about small ponds an making your on ecosystem an stuff i havent studied that kinda stuff since middle school lol so i was wondering we have this plant that we have had for like a year now an its dieng a horrible death my mother sucks at keeping potted plants lol but anyway i was wondering if i made a small little porch pond an put some shrimp an maybe a few snails or something in there with that plant will its live its not all the way dead but i wonder will this ecosystem save it this maybe be the dumbest question ever but this plate came from a funeral of a pass relative an if i could save it that way id do it like asap plus i really really want a porch pond went the plant is healthy again id put so minnows in there with a little fountain an whatever but that's another story lol spare me if the videos on youtube were wrong an it wouldnt help i just wanted to ask experienced people. here a pic of the plant if i can post it

blah004.jpg

Reaction score
This looks like a Dieffenbachia or Dumb Cane Plant. Here is a link to some information. Did this plant originally look like what is on the link?

http://houseplants-care.blogspot.com/2006/08/dieffenbachia-dumb-cane-plant-care.html

Accordng to the information, if this is what you have, it does like moist soil, but I am not sure if it likes its' root in water if you do the porch pond. Right now, your plant looks pretty bad, but you may be able to cut one of the stalks and lay it in a rooting medium and see if you get any growth. Not sure if you will be able to save it, but you may just be able to. Good luck.

Shoestring Ponder

Ask a Question