Plant suggestions

Reaction score
Country
United States
The planting section of our garden 'turtle' is about 12 inches wide by 6 inches deep. The planting section is not vented so the soil ranges from very wet to moist but never dry. I am looking for some suggestions for flowering plants that wont grow more than say, 5 or 6 inches tall. Something that drapes is ok too. Really, color is most important. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0905.JPG
    IMG_0905.JPG
    203.8 KB · Views: 83
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Stephen I'm trying to remember where you live, your climate? Are you looking for annuals or perennials?

Last edited:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
How much sun does it get? Lantana is very pretty and you can find them in a variety of colors. I think there are some small (dwarf) varieties, and some that are more shrub-like. The ones we have do cascade, but not sure if they all grow like that. They like full sun, but none of mine get more than 4 hours a day and they are doing well.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Please forgive the delay in response. We had a family member who stepped on something and was hospitalized with an infection. Terrible time to be in the hospital. All is good now and we are back to normal. My sincere appreciation to all healthcare workers out there on the 'front lines' taking care of those in need. Wow, are they dedicated.
I decided to go with North American Pitcher plants ( Sarracenia) given their tolerance for just about anything. I'll post some pics once they get really going. So far, they seem to be quite happy. Tula, I am in roughly zone 8 or 9, depending on the map used. Thank you for your responses and again, please forgive the delay.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Glad your family member is doing good.

Ask a Question