plant type advice

Reaction score
hello again I have been getting some pretty good advice here:toothy12: so i thought youz guyz would be able to help again I live in northern alberta we have a very short growing season and i was wondering if someone could tell me if they know some good plants to grow that will be hard for even me to kill as i don't have much experiance with plants
perferably something that will keep coming back year after year. I know i can't leave the pond full of water because the ice here gets sometimes 4 ft thick so the plants i'm looking for are only for the perimeter in soil but maybe there are stuff that like to grow in the soil then dangle into the water( i don't know) perhaps this is a silly question but if i don't ask i'll never know.....:nono:

Reaction score
Not knowing where at in Alberta you live, your hardiness zone is anywhere from 3 to 1. Creeping thyme is hardy to zone 2. Snow in Summer, and Snow on the Mountain are hardy to zone 1. Here is a link to a website that you can pick your zone, light, soil and moisture conditions and it will give you examples of perennials that will suit those conditions.

http://www.perennials.com/search.html

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
I planted woolly (or creeping) thyme, and scotch moss around my pond last fall and this spring. It spead quite well around most all of my pond. Click on my picasaweb pictures at my signiture to see some examples of how well it will spread.

Ask a Question