Planted waterfall

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
For all you planted waterfall lovers and those who ask "what plants can I grow in my waterfall?" - I absolutely LOVED what I saw in this video.

This is the home of Brian Helfrich, one of the top guys at Aquascape. We've seen his pond on several pond tours over the years. It's gorgeous - and you'd be shocked if you could see how small the yard actually is! Just a standard suburban yard. From the front of the house, you'd never expect what you see when you go around the corner.

He's changed a few things so that was fun to see, but really what I fell in love with was what he did with the water lettuce on his waterfall! The part I'm referring to starts around the 4 minute mark - it's awesome!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Aww, I love Brian! He designed our IL pond back in 2002. Wish I could have gotten the Aquascape guys to come down here & help us with our current pond. There are several things I know they would have done way better than the contractor we used.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am at a loss for words! The creativity that went into that entire yard just blows me away! Thanks for sharing this! Now, I have something to show my pond guy, so guess I better start buying lottery tickets!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful! Lots of inspiration for how I want to modify my ponds. Mine are currently in full sun. Need to get some trees planted!
All of my ponds are in full sun, it has never been a issue. The lilies love the sun for blooming.

Ask a Question