Planting query for a raised pond

Discussion in 'Newbies to Garden Ponds' started by Ruthypops, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Ruthypops

Ruthypops

Hello everyone, Last year I bought one of these " slot the pieces together" raised pond kits. It's square , 4 by 4 ft and approx 34 " depth. I really like it and have a good stock of fish. However, since last year, i've looked all over for a suitable plant container that could sit just under the water. It would need to be sthg that would " hook over" the lip of the pond. I'd like to get some shallow water plants but can't figure out how to house them. I don't want to drill into the ledge itself, for obvious reasons. I can't use floating pond planters, as there is a fountain in the middle, which would obviously 2 sink" anything that floated into it. I already have two big upturned plant pots that have plant sat on top of them, but wondered if there was anything out there that i could use to house shallow plants....????

Ruthypops, Feb 16, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Ruthypops

sissy sissy

I used plant pockets made out of window screening .You just hand them over the edge and weight them down

sissy, Feb 16, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Ruthypops

adavisus

A hammock design?

shop.miniaturegardenshoppe.com/Hammock-FS120.htm

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    adavisus, Feb 19, 2018
  4. Ruthypops

CeeJayH

Ruthy, I use upturned plant pots in my raised pond. I haven't found any other workable solution.
    Chris.

CeeJayH, Feb 19, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question