Planting query for a raised pond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, Last year I bought one of these " slot the pieces together" raised pond kits. It's square , 4 by 4 ft and approx 34 " depth. I really like it and have a good stock of fish. However, since last year, i've looked all over for a suitable plant container that could sit just under the water. It would need to be sthg that would " hook over" the lip of the pond. I'd like to get some shallow water plants but can't figure out how to house them. I don't want to drill into the ledge itself, for obvious reasons. I can't use floating pond planters, as there is a fountain in the middle, which would obviously 2 sink" anything that floated into it. I already have two big upturned plant pots that have plant sat on top of them, but wondered if there was anything out there that i could use to house shallow plants....????

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used plant pockets made out of window screening .You just hand them over the edge and weight them down

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
A hammock design?

shop.miniaturegardenshoppe.com/Hammock-FS120.htm

Last edited:

Ask a Question